20 - too much to ask

Liam snorted annoyed.

The plan they had devised, at least for the moment, seemed to have stalled. Peter often walked around alone, but no sign of the hunters. It was a suffocating situation, in which they felt constantly on the edge.

The last three weeks, then, had been crazy to say the least. They had walked the zoo's abandoned tunnels many times searching the area and to decide how to move inside when the time came. They continued to train with Derek every day, training that added to the study and lacrosse, was destroying him.

He was so tired that he fell asleep everywhere. In addition, it was almost two weeks since he had last slept with his boyfriend, because strangely, his parents were at home and they would not leave before the following week.

He couldn't lie to them saying he went to sleep at Mason's every night. Not that Theo blamed on him, but he terribly missed sitting by the chimera doing nothing.

The sensation of the other's body was enough for him, even though he kept feeling like a teen girl every time he thought of it. But unfounded, there was nothing strange to think about those things of his mate and, in fact, he tried to get closer and closer even in the presence of the pack. It was nothing they should have hidden. And they were more and more at ease in front of others as the days passed.

He looked around, noticing that there was no sign of Mason and Corey, probably they had already come out without waiting for him to kiss. Also that day the lacrosse training had destroyed him and, he was dying to sleep.

Scott had taken the day off, probably intent on combining some training torture with Derek. He just wore a sweatshirt left open by the zipper. Weeks flowed and the mid-March air was mild enough, moreover in California, winter never lasted too long.

A shame, actually, for Liam, the cold was a good excuse to lie down on the sofa clinging to that asshole he had as a mate. He still wanted to punch him, at least the most of the day, but then he always attacked him with the usual desire to smash him against any surface and kiss him until he was exhausted.

He quickly came out of the main door and eyed Corey and Mason intent on kissing agaist his best friend's car. Just like he had thought.

He looked up at the sky, why seriously, couldn't they break away for more than five minutes?

On the other hand he found them nice, so he couldn't complain. The smell of rain in the air was persistent, and judging by the dark clouds, a storm was approaching.

His attention, however, was completely captured by a pair of blue eyes that were staring at him, while the owner of those gems was sitting on the hood of his black car. He hadn't told him he was going to pick him up.

Asshole.

He had done it on purpose again. Theo never missed a chance, at regular intervals, to pick him up at school. He glared at anyone who looked at him, reiterating that he was always there. And that was there for him.

Liam gave him an annoyed tongue and with his hearing he clearly heard the light laughter of the chimera. It was music to his ears. He could have spent his life hearing Theo's laughter travel through the air.

After three months they were together, he had not yet become accustomed to how beautiful it was to look at him and how his heart sometimes beat in sync with the one of the oldest.

He set off in his direction, noticing Lydia emerging from the side of the chimera and telling him something that made him frown. He couldn't hear, but then he saw Theo's eyes move over him, his eyes sharpening.

Why was he looking at him like that?

He seemed angry, but he didn't understand why. Then a voice behind him made his breath catch in his lungs.