26 - love

«in how many other stores are you going to go? Just to know.» the wolf asked with an exasperated sigh. He didn't believe there was a human being capable of killing a werewolf, but after meeting Lydia he had to change his mind.

«what kind of questions,» the girl said with a obvious look «in all of them I'm not entered yet.»

«Lydia, I have more bags in my hand than all the people who came out of this damned mall in the last month. And you've been around every store three times.» Peter hissed in a snarl.

«you men don't get a shit about shopping.» the banshee rolled her eyes

«do you know? You could recommend a new method of torture for wolves to the hunters, because I'm sure that's what it is.» said the wolf.

«so many complaints for some bags.» Lydia told him popping a glare, and stopping in front of a lingerie shop to watch the window.

Peter stood beside her, noticing the mannequins. Well, he didn't mind that store «folks!» he broke into a whistle.

«you look like a maniac.» she told him, passing to the next shop under the disappointed and stunned gaze of the man.

«you do it on purpose, don't you? Why do you want to kill me?» Peter asked on the verge of despair.

Lydia ignored him with a small snort, and approached a pair of high-heeled boots that had caught her eye already from the window. She asked the saleswoman for her size, and she smiled at her, going to pick her up in the warehouse.

Peter left the bags on the floor and sat down next to the banshee, giving her an unreadable look.

«what is it?» she asked.

«I'm pretty sure you have over a hundred pairs of shoes.» the man said with obviousness.

«don't talk nonsense,» the girl broke out «I have more or less.. eighty.» the wolf rolled his eyes, giving her a look as if he were looking at someone with three heads.

«are you kidding me?»

«of course not. I would never joke about such a thing.» Lydia said wtting her lips with her tongue. Peter chuckled, having noticed how often she made that gesture.

Since he had gone to her house two weeks ago and kissed her, things had become very interesting. He still didn't understand exactly how things were, but he could certainly kiss her whenever he wanted.

It could be said that in some ways they were dating, even though they had not officially talked about it.

The saleswoman returned, handing Lydia the pair of shoes she had asked for, and then turned to look at Peter. The girl, with long red hair, was probably a couple of years older than Lydia, and the way she was looking at him was nothing but subtle.

«can I do something for you too?» she asked him with a clear malice in her voice.

Peter found himself grinning, when he smelled the irritation coming from the girl next to him. Lydia raised her face, giving to the girl a smile so sharp and disturbing that her smile disappeared from her face.

«thanks, but my boyfriend is fine like this.» the banshee said turning a dirty look in the direction of the wolf, who found himself nodding in response automatically. Needless to say, in less than two seconds, the woman left no trace.

The banshee stood up, glancing at the shoes with disgust and heading out. Peter rolled his eyes and followed her «didn't you want those shoes?»

«no,» Lydia growled through her teeth «I changed my mind.»