Chapter 28: Past Photos

It was another day at the Ishimaru/Owada household. The parents were busy in their offices while the children play around with the family dog.

 The kids were in their parent's room, they were bored out of their mind. They didn't know what to do until one of them had a brilliant idea.

"Hey sisters!" Kaito said.

"What is it Kaito?" Tenko asked.

"You know how we have explored nearly everywhere in this room?"

"So?"

"But we have never looked at what was inside the closet!"

"Oh yeah! We should see if there are any new toys in there!"

 The three kids went over to the closet. It was quite big so they knew there were a lot of things stored in there.

 Of course, when they opened the door they were met with a bunch of clothes, some suits and other items of clothing. They rummaged around and saw there were some boxes hidden behind all of the fabric.

 Most of the boxes contained more things to wear like socks and gloves but then they got to a bigger box. The kids were making sure they weren't making too much of a mess so the put back the other boxes before getting another one.

 They opened the big box; from first glance it contained different things. There was some items in there, old notebooks and generally uninteresting things. They then got to the bottom and there were some photos. Most of them were of scenery but then they got to one that stood out.

"Who's this?" Kaito said picking up the photo.

 The photo was of a baby with light brown hair, they were on a small plastic tricycle. The kids have no idea who this baby was. Their little imaginative minds started to throw thoughts around like an intense game of tennis.

"Is this...?" Kirumi said.

"Our secret sibling!?" Kaito said.

"How did we not know about this!?" Tenko said.

 All the kids were surprised, they were freaking out. The three of them decided to ask their dads to get some answers. They first went to Taka because he was closer to where they were at.

"Dad!" The three of the barged into the room.

"Oh! Hello kids!" Taka said startled. "Do you need anything?"

"Who's this in this picture?" Tenko asked shoving the picture in her father's face.

"Let me see..." Taka took the picture of the baby. "Aw... I forgot we had this picture..."

"WHAT!?" The three tiny humans said in surprised.

"Why don't you ask Mondo? He would be happy to answer your question." Taka said.

 The four of them went downstairs to get to Mondo, the kids did the same thing they did with Taka and shoved the picture in his face. The ex-biker stared at the picture, with an embarrassed face.

"Who is it father?" Kirumi asked.

"Is it a secret sibling!?" Tenko asked.

"Kids..." Mondo said before sighing. "This is me when I was a baby..."

"REALLY!?" The children asked loudly.

"There isn't any 'secret sibling' kid." Taka said. "We only have you three."

"Oh..." Kaito said. "Are there any other pictures of you two being kids?"

"I'm not sure... We can go check!" Taka said.

 The family then went back to the room where they first found the picture. The box they opened was still there.

 They all spent the next hour looking through some old photos, most of them were of the kids when they were younger and just some family group photos. They had a great time together but Mondo was silent.

It was now dark and the children were put to bed. The parents were now alone in their bedroom.

"Are you feeling okay honey?" Taka asked. "You've been quiet lately."

"Yeah I'm fine." Mondo said. "I'm just kinda embarrassed that they found a picture of me when I was a baby."

"I think baby you is very adorable!"

"Heh, thanks sweetheart."

"From an adorable baby to a handsome strong man~"

"Haha! You were probably the most adorable baby to the most attractive man~"

"Oh you~"

 The two of them flirted with eachother until they cuddled with eachother to sleep. They didn't wrestle in the sheets, what were you thinking?

@ someone but I couldn't find their comment...