Chapter 1 - Meeting

Author's Note:

This story starts with a quick flash forward to when Wei Wuxian meets his siblings and others again and then it will go back to the proceedings before. You'll understand when you read it, but if it feels a bit unclear in the first chapter it's because the detail will come in the next chapters! Please vote and comment and I hope you enjoy!!!

------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

The group was finally settled, a quiet but jolly chatter ensued full of catching up and building alliances. In the huge hall, the atmosphere was light and jovial, joining the happy couple in celebration. Even the sun had decided to bless the group with it's presence as it shone in huge golden beams. 

"I heard that the young master Jin is the spitting image of his father", said one.

"Did you know that of all the toys and trinkets he received, he will only play with his fathers presents." a cultivator claimed.

"I heard that he doesn't even cry, just sleeps like a perfect child", speculated another.

In a corner, away from the crowds stood a group of four figures. Yanli was in the middle and looked worried.

"They should be here by now", she stated, "you definitely made sure he got the message didn't you Hanguang-jun?"

"Mhn" , he responded.

"Don't worry Shijie, he'll be here. He wouldn't miss it for the world. That peacock will go and find him", reassured Jiang Cheng.

"Yanli, he's probably just held up somewhere. If I know anything about your brother, it's that he will never betray his family, he holds you dearest, he will definitely come to see his nephew" reasoned Xichen.

The group continued their polite and quiet discussion but it couldn't help feeling slightly forced without the presence of one particular individual. After a while, Jin Zixuan returned fruitless in his search accompanied by a slightly annoyed looking Jin Zixun. The proceedings couldn't be held back any longer and as everyone took their seats, the empty table focused everyone's attention as speculation on the man who should've sat their began. Everyone had their own opinions and stories and a tenseness settled over the room. 

In the distance came muffled shouting as three figures emerged in the sky. All clad in new, black robes they came nearer, laughing and teasing. Curiosity spread over the room. There were two men and a child, features obscured by the distance but most unusually each sprouted a pair of beautiful, elegant wings. The man on the left's were brown with black and white speckles, to the right, the other man had deep ebony ones with deep red tips and finally the child had dark grey wings which faded to white at the bottom. It was unlike anything anyone present had ever seen before and their jaws dropped with awe and wonder. 

As the group had got nearer, whispers again rose among the cultivators upon the confirmation of the group's identities. It was Wei Wuxian, The Ghost General and an unknown child. The child landed first just outside the doors, but miss timed it and skidded before crashing into a flower bed. He was quickly followed by Wei Wuxian who elegantly landed and went to go help out the boy. He checked over the boys bruises lightly cajoling him before effortlessly shielding them both with his wings as Wen Ning landed. The loyal corpse was slightly stiff in his movements which resulted in an uncushioned landing, sending dust and dirt flying everywhere. 

Folding in their wings, Wei Ying picked up the child supporting him on his hip whilst chatting to Wen Ning. 

"You're both improving, I'm impressed." He said as they ascended the staircase. 

They walked proudly into the hall and just as Wei Wuxian was about to say something there was a small tug on his sleeve. 

"What's the matter A-yuan?"

"Baba, is that your Jiejie?" whispered A-yuan loudly

Several gasps could be heard from the crowd.

"Did that child call him Baba? Is that Wei Wuxian's son?", they whispered.

Ignoring them, We Ying responded. "Yes, that is my Jiejie"

"She's so pwretty", A-yuan loudly whispered back. 

Yanli blushed happiness spreading across her face. Finally, Wei Wuxian got to speak,

"Jiejie sorry I'm late! Did you miss me!"

--------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

So... here is the first update I guess. It may not make much sense at the moment but it will! I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading. Please vote and comment!