four

"next up, han jisung!"

as soon as the boy heard his name being called out, he couldn't help but let his anxiety took over. he knows how much he messed up in the exam this time, but he didn't know he would be called out as one of the students who failed.

he stood up in his seat, his head facing downwards. "what are you waiting for, come here! don't waste my time." hearing his teacher's loud voice made him flinched, yet he tries his best not to let his emotions get to him.

he walked to the front of the class, his eyes stuck on the ground even when he was standing right in front of his teacher. he was embarrassed, but he was more scared than anything.

"hand."

jisung obeyed the teacher's order and hold out his hand. he closed his eyes tight, afraid of the impact coming upon his delicate hand. without having the time for him to take a deep breath, the teacher hits jisung's palm with his stick multiple times, leaving red marks on his hand.

jisung felt his palm pulsating as the pain seeps through his veins. tears were threatening to fall out of his eyes, yet he didn't want to seem weak in front of the class.

during lunch, he stared at the marks on his hand and flinched every time he tries to touch it with his other hand. he didn't know it would hurt this much, but he could barely focus in class when one of his hand can't function properly.

"jisung, what's wrong?"

a voice from behind startled him, but he was quick to hide his hand in between his legs. he looked up to see his best friend, changbin looking all worried.

"o-oh, it's nothing." he said, laughing nervously. the older knew jisung was hiding something from him, so he continued to stare at him suspiciously. it made the younger nervous, yet he still didn't want to make changbin worried.

"let me see." the older suddenly said, holding out his hand towards jisung. the smaller boy didn't understand, but the look on changbin's face proved that he knows what's going on.

he slowly took out his hand from hiding, landing it softly on changbin's hand. he didn't dare to look at him in the eyes right now, he was really embarrassed.

jisung then felt a soft contact on his palm which made him look almost immediately. what he saw made his heartbeat increased in speed and a blush crept onto his face.

changbin planted a soft peck on his palm, and the pain he had a hard time enduring suddenly fades away. the older also gave it a little rub, easing the pain softly with his own fingers.

jisung didn't know what it is, but changbin's kisses always makes everything better.