flutter

A Kinoko Karlnapity honeymoon.
CW: cursing, implied sex/sexual jokes

The reception comes to a close, the only people still there being the wedded and their best men Dream and George, talking nonstop despite the nightfall passing hours earlier. Unlit candles sink into puddles of wax, and lanterns above them begin to burn out.

"So, you guys ready to go to the honeymoon?" Dream asks.

Karl snickers, "What kind of question is that?"

"Well, it's because, you know, we have to like, blindfold you guys."

"Wha-at? Dream?!" Quackity scoffs. "That's disgusting."

"What? No- it's practically tradition! And it's a surprise!"

Quackity blindly (haha) reaches behind him to grab a drink, sipping the glass and accepting the rich flavor of the milk.

"Call me disgusting when you've been sampling everyone's stuff all night."

"We're a big family here and I'm dehydrated, fuck off."

Karl gasps, eyes widening as he glances at the drink in Quackity's hand. "Oh my gosh, Q, we need to give Sapnap milk. Now."

"Why-" Quackity gulps. He remembers the second dance with the cambion that night, tasting sweet but almost sour champagne on the man's lips. Quackity couldn't tell if the gustation stemmed from himself or Sapnap, but either way, the younger had much less tolerance than he would ever admit. "-oh. Oh, fuck."

Something less of a flamethrower sounds behind them. Speak of the devil.

"Hey, hey, stop!" George cries.

Dream cocks his head toward them, noticing George's distress immediately.

"Hey," Dream warns, striding toward them quickly.

Sapnap growls, drunken frustration lighting his eyes as well as his mouth. He highlights the dark world like a blaze. Quackity's heart lights. As much as he knows his cambion husband can destroy worlds with his passion, he finds it all too non-literally hot.

Dream turns back. "Guys?!"

Quackity knows better than to dream of destruction, however, and steps into action, surveying the scene. "George, you idiot, move!"

George flinches and tumbles off his chair just as the tablecloth sets ablaze.

"Water, water!"

"The river's right there!"

"Don't pour it on Sapnap!"

"Right!"

Sapnap groans, voice split between two octaves eerily, eyes and body alike starting to burn yellow and orange with embers. Thankfully, his body doesn't grow twice its size like his father. Still, none of them have seen him express such harsh fire abilities. At most, Sapnap tends to flame at the hair and eyes. Currently, Quackity locks his eyes with the enlarged horns engulfed in flames on Sapnap's forehead. Even through the haze in Quackity's mind, he can read that Sapnap is weak, not angry.

"Sap!" Quackity yells to him, grabbing his attention. Sapnap coughs, and Quackity jumps to the side, expertly dodging his tumbling fire.

Dream dumps water over the table, and it flows down onto the wooden floor.

Quackity panics, fear setting in as he jeopardizes his wings. "Karl, do something!"

On cue, Karl runs up behind Sapnap and boldly hugs into him. "Darling, please!" Sapnap's ears awaken at the gentle voice, eyes softening at the touch.