Bad Blood

Karl and Quackity discuss polyamorous marriage with BadBoyHalo, and Karl tries his best to keep it together.
CW: Cursing, implied sex

It was no secret that Bad was careful. He was also considerate, kind, realistic, and patient, but above all, careful. He was probably the most reliable being in the entire world. On the other hand, Quackity could be described as the most chaotic, blunt, and covert, and he thrived on playing with others. He was the sweetest lover underneath all of his feathers, but he still strived to clash with a few others, namely, Bad. And that was precisely why Karl nearly lost a canon life when he heard that the cambion wanted to discuss commitment with him and Quackity. Without Sapnap.

After shutting Quackity up from unjustly asking Bad, "why" this and that for the tenth time like a bratty child, Karl helped Bad settle on a date to meet.

Before he knew it, the day had come. At the heart of his nervousness, Karl knew Quackity wasn't a child, but also knew that the avian loved pressing buttons. And especially Bad's, at that. No amount of carrots could calm him.

"Karl, take a deep breath," Sapnap encourages.

"Why can't you come with us? I still think this is a terrible idea."

"Yeah, I don't know. Bad's really traditional like that."

"Ugh," Karl groans, holding his head in his hands. "I'm scared."

"You'll do fine."

"I'm not worried about me," Karl murmurs.

Sapnap nods weakly and grabs his hand. "I know."

Right on time, Quackity walks in. "Hey, babes!"

He plants a kiss on both of their cheeks. Although Quackity is the very one making him nervous, Karl can't help but blush.

"So, it's time," Quackity prompts.

"Quackity," Karl starts, "please, just, I'm praying to XD-"

"I know, mi amor. I won't fuck this up."

Sapnap slaps his arm.

"Shit, sorry."

Sapnap raises his arm higher, and Quackity yelps. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I'll try, okay?" He sheepishly backs away.

Karl sighs, fondly, despite his frustration. "You're so cute."

"No, you are."

"Hey, hey," Sapnap interrupts, "be sure to answer Bad, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," Quackity replies, brushing him off. "This is stupid. I'm marrying you behind his back if I have to."

Sapnap rolls his eyes. "Well, of course, but please just humor him. I love him, too, you know."

"Oh, I'll humor him alright."

"Quackity!"

They all share a laugh, Karl more nervous than the rest.

"See you," Quackity leads, heading in.

"Love you." Sapnap takes Karl's hand and squeezes it reassuringly.

Sapnap winks and Karl looks away, battling a flurry of emotion. With that, Sapnap takes his leave just outside, releasing his hand from Karl's. Karl laments every footstep apart from Sapnap, feeling his heart drift further into tense waters. Still, he takes a deep breath and enters the living room.

"Well hello, boys," Bad greets with a soft smile. "Come sit."

The two take their seats across from Bad on the open couch. And thus, it begins.