Read my lips

It's literally just Karlnap and indirect Quacknap flirting and making out

Karl laughs. The scene almost looks fake and cinematic. His husband, Sapnap, sits cross-legged on the carpet in the middle of a messy ring of books, some stacked, most fallen over and scattered. Karl climbs over the mess and drops himself next to his lover, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey, handsome," he greets.

Sapnap tears his intense stare off the book and softens into a smile as their eyes meet. "Hey, babe."

"Never thought I'd see you like this."

Sapnap snickers, "yeah."

He peers down at the books. Karl nearly keels over in endearment as he reads the spines and covers. They're all about ducks or birds.

"Quackity?" Karl questions with a smirk.

Sapnap nods. "Okay, the other day, he came home really happy. I don't know why, but whatever. So, I saw him come through the door without his wings. I turn around. Then he, like, runs up to me, and out of nowhere he has wings!"

Karl giggles, picturing them sweetly hugging. Oh, the delicious vanilla. "That's cute."

"Yeah, but where'd his wings come from?"

"From his back."

He giggles as Sapnap slaps his arm.

"I meant why, why did they come out? Have you ever seen him do that?"

Karl hums and looks around the library as he thinks. Normally, Quackity's wings appear quickly, only either by instinct when he needs to cover himself, to catch himself, or to fly. Otherwise, they appear gracefully and slowly. "True, I haven't. So that's why you're researching?"

He nods.

"Did you tell him about this?" Karl asks with a smile, knowing the answer but wanting to know with certainty because it's adorable.

"N-no."

"Why not? You could have just asked him, babe," he laughs. He's surprised that Sapnap would resort to intense reading.

"I," Sapnap starts but then shakes his head.

Then again, judging by Sapnap's expression, the situation must be more flustering than he thinks.

"Why didn't you ask him, Sapnap?" He asks, voice light and curious.

Sapnap turns away to hide his growing blush and grabs another book. "I don't know!"

If there's one thing Karl loves, it's the little things that give him a reason to smother his husbands: A cold, stormy night. A dashing outfit adorning them. And like now, a harmless quarrel. (Then again, he always wants to smother them.)

Karl wraps his arms around Sapnap's neck and pushes both of them down as he kisses the latter's burning cheeks, both of them laughing over their complaining and interrogating.

"Tell me!" By this point, Karl is sitting atop Sapnap's stomach, legs pressed into his sides.

"Fine," Sapnap sighs, covering his face with an arm. "I couldn't say anything because he was being so... hot."

"Mmm, so what happened?"

Sapnap laughs. "You're so weird."

"No, I'm not. You guys are just so cute," he spills genuinely, blissfully drowning in the thought of his two, slightly less touchy thirds becoming entirely touchy.

Sapnap groans, slightly labored as Karl still forces him down, "I saw his wings, and then he just... attacked me. And," he pauses. "Karl, can you get off me? I can't breathe."

Karl smiles and complies, shifting onto the ground and the array of books beside him, still snuggling close to his side. "Continue..." he coaxes, though he knows Sapnap is willing already.

"I've never seen him so sappy. He just, like, appeared next to me and made out with me."

Karl giggles at that, cuddling closer to Sapnap.

"He was mumbling all kinds of things, English, Spanish. I swear, he might have been crying. It was hard to tell, though, because he wouldn't stop kissing me."

Karl's heart turns somersaults. He laughs, unable to quip back because of the adorable idea of it all.

Sapnap laughs with him. "See, babe, it's weird!"

"No, it's not!" Karl sits up, escaping his stare.

Sapnap shifts up and grabs his chin carefully to look into his eyes. "Da~mn, you're so red!"

"Says you!"

They pause, staring at each other. Smiles fade for a second before reappearing, Sapnap jolting forward and connecting their lips as they breathe out laughs. Who knew that talking about kissing would lead to actual kissing?

Karl draws closer, though barely possible as they are already practically fused together, bringing his hand behind his husband's neck and letting the warmth of their faces mix.

Sapnap draws back, much to Karl's dismay.

"I'm so spoiled, Karl."

Karl leans in for another greedy peck. "Oh?"

"I have two gorgeous husbands who'll kiss me whenever."

Karl smiles again, his cheeks beginning to hurt. "And forever, if that's okay."

Sapnap smirks, cutely and stubbornly. "Yeah, that'd be fine."

Karl rolls his eyes. In turn, he looks around, suddenly remembering all of the texts encompassing their moment. "Wait, what are you researching again?"

"Oh, yeah." He clears his throat, blush only slightly beginning to fade. "I wanted to know why Quackity's wings came out so randomly."

Karl bites his lip as he smiles, a sudden euphoria striking him. And he wasn't even there. "I bet it's 'cause he was so happy to see you after being out for a while."

"Pff," Sapnap chuckles, looking away. "Didn't think of that."

"I mean, I get it. If I had wings, I would be so excited to see you that they'd come out, too."

Sapnap tries to ignore the comment and shakes his head, still smiling.

Karl revels in gratification as his blush returns. Still, he decides against flirting more. "We'll have to test it sometime."

"Of course."

"And you have to let me kiss him."

"Oh, do I, now?" Sapnap raises a brow.

"Yes, because you had your turn."

"Well, we weren't testing anything back then," he shoots back.

Karl frowns indignantly, or at least tries. Sapnap only laughs at his adorable expression. "Fine."

Karl melts into a grin. "For now, how about I practice how it'll go..." His heart overflows as Sapnap follows the lead, crashing their lips together messily, both falling back into carpet and knocking over books.