Chapter 15 ☥

Dear Charles,
I think it's hard for you to understand, why I stopped fighting. But let me tell you something. There is a difference between giving up, and knowing when you had enough. Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it. It's  over.
And it is okay.

I think I covered everything now.
From our start till our very last end.
I hope you'll love me forever and remember our time. The sunsets, the summer breezes, the goodnight texts and the little nose kisses.
We'll meet again my love. Will you please take care of the little birds singing outside the window and please, please keep an eye out for Selin and the group. I'll miss you my song.
The last thing I want you to know is,
how lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
The way you held me close, felt safe. Warm like home.
I finally found my home...
Thank you,

Your Buttercup
——————————————————————

I looked at the paper. Now I know why this letter started with "I know life is short but.."
I stare at the empty hospital bed in front of me. It's been only 20 minutes...
Words can't describe the ache the runs through my body when I'm missing you.
I'll miss you forever, till we meet again.

I understand and love you Loulou,
but I miss you more than I thought I would, because I found love where it wasn't supposed to be.
I closed the door behind me, with her get well soon cards. Tears are running down my chin.
She will never read them.
She will never tell me she loves me again.
All I have left is this letter.
The letter of my love and my soul.
Birds don't sing forever and...

I put my hand in my pocket and got the little golden bird. I looked at it and held it close to me.
I am sad, hurt, angry, mad and disappointed. But you know what? I'll put on a smile and move on.
It will hurt. But I'll survive.

... I didn't fall for you Loulou,
You fucking tripped me.

I know life is short but...

I didn't knew the end would be this soon.
——————————————————————