🚨ONE

My fingers ache. They throbbed with each type, with each word formed on my old styled laptop. My eyes never left the brightly lit screen. My hair stuck to my forehead and my eyes were widened comically.

With the last press of my finger, I leaned back and sighed loudly. Each finger was in pain on my hand, and I miserably failed to massage them. I rubbed my eyes too, seeing too many reds, yellows, and greens.

Tiredly I squinted at my work, the 7 page document that I just finished. It was about a criminal, like always. A guy named Kim Seokjin. Even though the case was at least a decade old, I still wrote about it. Why? Because it was truly fascinating.

Kim Seokjin. He had a wife and three kids. Ages 8, 9, and 6. In their sleep he shot them straight in the head. His wife? Well he pushed her off of their roof. How he got up there? No one knows.

He had a job as manager for a famous pop idol, a job that paid well. Two days prior the murder he went to a gun shop and bought two pistols and a silencer. Then after their deaths he disappeared.

His fingerprints? Gone. His clothes? Gone. Any trace of him? Gone.
It was like like he never existed. Still, ten years later no one knows the truth about that night. Everyone knows he killed them, but did he really? If he did, what were his motives?

Along with that I wrote about his childhood, his teenage years, everything. How'd I get this information? Connects. Specifically military connections.

My pen name is Ghost.
Nobody knows my real identity. And I'd rather keep it that way. If they found out who I was.......

Lots of people don't trust me. They always question, how'd I get this information? How did I know this? What if I'm involved? What if I hacked into a police database?

Everyone questions me yet reads every one of my papers as if they damn neared starved. Their eyes follow and swallow up every sentence typed by me like it was their first breath of fresh air.

Hypocritical if you ask me.
I get paid for it, and the public eats it up. They send my money to a secret account, or my packages to a location other than my home. That's how adamant I am on keeping my identity a secret.

If they ever found out, I'd definitely be on death row.

I'd die.

-

"Yoongi! Over here!" My hand moved side to side in the air, the motion drawing his attention. From a whiles away he squints his eyes before they go back to normal, and he waddles my way in his overcoat.

Pushing through families, couples, and children, he's finally standing in front of me. "Why are you wearing an overcoat? It's spring." He looked from side to side before he came closer to whisper.

"There might be paparazzi. I mean I am the owner of Tech Empire."
"Yoongi, sweetie, no one's thinking about you." With an offended look he backed away from me, betrayal clear in his eyes. His hand trembled as it moved towards his beating heart. As he gripped the material over his heart, his eyes widened and his lips trembled.

Min Yoongi, my childhood friend, was a drama queen. I rolled my eyes at him.
"Please stop. You're hurting my eyes." He huffed at me.

"You're never satisfied."
"Damn right."

Side by side we walked down the busy streets of Seoul, tall screens showing famous Kpop idols or popular Korean foods or tv shows. It was all the same as before.

"So Yoongi, how's your love life been? I mean, I haven't seen you in a few years you know. Even though you look the same you might have a partner by your side. So, who is it?"

Yoongi sighed. He couldn't meet my eyes, moving his gaze across the street, the ground, strangers.
"Yoongi?"
"Two years ago. I did have this-this partner. It was a man." My eyebrows raised in surprise.
"Woah Yoongi. Never knew you got down like that. Who's the guy?"

Still not looking at me he continued.
"I said have Ara. We used to be a thing. It was until he confessed to cheating on me with another with no regret. I though we were ok, but apparently he hated every second with me."

Oh.
My eyebrows furrowed. Wow, he sounded like a complete b-
"That's terrible. That guy doesn't deserve you." Yoongi finally met my eyes, a light smile on his face. "Yeah. He really doesn't."

-

"Hands on the ground now!" My gun was out, pointed at the individual on the ground. The male had a bloody nose, his hand holding the knife implanted in his side painfully.

The man was a runaway robber. For three weeks there was no information on him or where he was going to rob next. Every trip he always murdered at least three people.

We were in a stump until on of his buddies came in and confessed. He didn't even care if he was going to jail himself. He just wanted his friend to stop killing.

Kind of noble if you ask me.

"Jungkook!" I snapped out my daze, realizing that the guy was already in handcuffs, Jimin hovering over him.

Jimin glared at me.
"Don't lose focus again. It could get us killed." I lowered my gun and bowed.
"Sorry sir." With the robber in front they both walked over to the police car, the sirens still blaring loud.

He shoved the guy in the backseat and slammed the door shut. I tucked my gun in my pocket. I look to my side and saw Namjoon. He tsked at me.

"At this rate you're going to make Jimin hate you even more. You're making too many mistakes rookie."

I gnawed at the inside of my cheek. I nodded, trying not to let my emotions take over me. "I'm trying sir. Sorry for the inconvenience." I bowed again, only this time a sigh was heard.

"Stand up." I did as told.
"Look kid. Don't let Jimin get inside your head ok? He's cold but if you show improvement he will warm up to you a little bit ok?"

I nodded and watched Namjoon walk ahead of me to the police car where Jimin sat looking annoyed. Not wanting to annoy him any further, I walk behind Namjoon to my own vehicle.

Jimin's really changed.

-

-Sapphire-