🚨FOUR

I was safe, at least for now. I was a couple blocks away from my now vacant house, my body aching. I wiped the sweat from forehead, my hair not getting in the way as it was tied in a tight ponytail.

I was at a place that Yoongi always took me to, telling me that whenever I was in trouble I should lay low here, so that I would be safe.

It don't know how true his words are but I'll have to trust them now, seeing that it will take awhile to find his friends address.

After I checked the windows to see if anyone was following me, I let out a deep sigh, confirming I was currently safe. I let the heavy backpack fall from my shoulders, landing on the ground with a soft undetected thud.

I made sure the front door was locked, and all the windows were closed. This building was five stories tall, me being on the third.

It was vacant, Yoongi's property that he would soon turn into another one of his many offices around the city of Seoul. He's told me that he hasn't installed any camera's or wires, and the the surrounding area has been devoid of any cameras too.

I really wonder if he knew that this would happen someday, or if it was for something else. My stomach growled, and I regretted not storing any can food.

I assumed that I would be able to find places on the run, but now that I've thought it out it's clearly harder than I thought it would be.

I sighed and put my hands on my head, ignoring my empty stomach that was calling for a sweet, warm meal.

-

"Are you sure she ran out of the front door with a backpack?" Hoseok nodded at the officers, a friendly smile on his face.

"I was playing with my flute and I saw her through the window. Honestly, she was a childhood friend. Why would she murder her family? She seemed like such a sweet girl..."

The officer scoffed a shook his head. "Damn right. But people put on acts nowadays. Don't know why she did it though. Uh, thank you for your time."

"No, thank you." Hoseok bowed at the officers, offering a little hand wave before he watched them drive off. His smile then depleted, and he suddenly grew self conscious.

"Did they see it?"

-

Jimin's Pov

"How can we track her! She literally ran where there are no cameras!" As I said this out of frustration, Jungkook literally brightened up.

"But sir, we can still track her location! Since she's in that area, we'll definitely know when she leaves or not. Right now we have a rough draft of the area, so we could search for her and find her all in the span of about four days."

I narrowed my eyes. Is he trying to show off? I shook that thought from my head, sternly nodding at his words. "Two sides of a coin. But let's say she ends up avoiding said cameras that are posted around the area, what then?"

Jungkook froze, but soon regained his posture. "We would be able to pinpoint her shoe tracks and/or check cameras by nearby stores or food stands, or even ask witnesses if they've seen her."

I nodded again, though I still wasn't satisfied. "What if they can't identify her and she once again, avoids cameras and clears her tracks. What then?"

Another officer in the room decides to speak up nervously. "Uh sir, he already-"
"Silence!" It was quiet again before I turned and stared at the man who spoke up. In a low voice, I stated my question with clear venom in my voice."

"I am testing him because he is new to our division. Do not try to to tell me again whether or not he's had enough! Do you understand!" The officer nodded stiffly.
"Yes sir."

I turned back to Jungkook, my eyebrow raising as I wait for his delayed answer.
"Well?"

"We could do it based off of location and track the nearest station or vehicle she could've taken to travel somewhere, by watching cameras or asking employees and drivers."

I stepped away from his face, noticing his clenched jaw. "Good. Finalize everything that Jungkook has said and make it into a stable plan. I expect something in the next eight hours!"

"Yes sir!" They all filed out of the room, Jungkook and I being the only ones left. I turn to leave too after giving him a final nod, but he grabs my bicep.

"Why did you do that?"
I turned to him.
"Why else? Like I said, it was to test you." I go to move but he grips my arm tighter, a fire in his eyes. "Were you trying to say that I wouldn't be able to catch Ara? Are you saying that I'm weak, or not smart? Are you trying to say that? Because if you are, just say it to my face."

I frowned at him, but finally ripped my arm out of his grip. "Jungkook, if I did say that I would just say it to your face. I'm not a coward. Now it was because I was just testing you, but don't you ever try to doubt my words again. Got it?"

Jungkook out of embarrassment lowered his eyes, but mumbled a simple yes sir.
I left the room, trying to fight off the loud scoff that wanted to adorn my lips.

Who does he think he is? Grabbing me like that? I'm his superior, not his subordinate.

I walked towards my office, leaving behind a trial of curious eyes and quiet whispers.
Once there I slammed the door behind me, feeling anger bubble up in me for no reason.

Fu-

"Sir!" I turned around quickly at the panic in my subordinates voice. "Yes?" I say slowly.
"They've spotted Jung Ara!" I squinted my eyes.

"Who?"
The 42 squad while they were out on a stroll. She was last spotted at Coo's Café inside!" I nodded, loading my gun and rushing past him. The office was in a rush, fingers typing relentlessly, cameras popping up on screens.

"Make sure a police car is out front in five minutes now!" The man scrambled away from me, my hands putting on my padded vest and gloves.

Jungkook and Namjoon entered the weapons room a few seconds later, already ready. I finally put my earpiece in, nodding at them to follow me. We hurried over to the front of the building, seeing the police car parked out front just like I asked.

Namjoon rushed into the drivers seat and Jungkook into the passengers, me in the back. Clicking the sirens immediately, the blaring noise surrounded us as we drove quickly across the road, cars moving out of the way to let us pass.

My hand anxiously curled around the leather of the back of the front seat, my body positioning behind Jungkook so Namjoon could see through the rear view mirror.

Ara, I'm coming for you.

-

-Sapphire-