[ 05 ]

05
˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚
༻ ─────༺♡༻─────༺

05˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚༻ ─────༺♡༻─────༺

༻───── ♡ ♡ ♡ ─────༺

Hoseok wakes up with his face smeared against his pillow, his hair is plastered with sweat against his forehead from the sweltering heat and saliva is running down the side of his mouth. But surprisingly, other than feeling sticky and gross, He wakes up with a sad smile as well, probably since he had had such a good thought provoking dream.

He had dreamt about his favorite childhood friend. A person who had meant so much to him at a point in his life. However, today he couldn't necessarily say that about them. Once high school ended they saw each other maybe once or twice and after that days turned to weeks, weeks became months and soon it was years that had passed since they last interacted with one another. But Hoseok didn't mind. Sure, it sucked to be friendless outside of school, but friends weren't everything were they? Oh who was he kidding.

He felt so alone. He was constantly surrounded by other human beings on a regular basis but he felt so goddamn alone. This is why he was hoping that the introduction of Yoongi into his life was a sign from above that maybe he wasn't meant to be alone. Maybe he was meant to find someone after all.

The day that they exchanged numbers,  Hoseok had hoped that Yoongi would text him, he waited all afternoon, anticipating a text that sadly never came. Then the next day arrived, but still no text. So Hoseok made the decision to take matters into his own hands.

He sent Yoongi a message. Nothing fancy or anything like that. No, just a simple text asking the older male if he would like to meet up for coffee or drinks. He could already imagine them, as he typed away excitedly and nervously, having some good deep conversations as they occasionally sipped away at their Starbucks coffee like basic bitches, or juice, no drink discrimination here.

But unfortunately today, it had already been three days since Hoseok had sent the initial message. No reply whatsoever had reached him. He figured that maybe Yoongi was busy or something? Or maybe he didn't really want anything to do with Hoseok. He probably thought he was a weirdo, because who the fuck invites a random stranger into their house for water after finding them passed out on the sidewalk? This weirdo that's who.

Due to the heat being uncomfortably unbearable Hoseok eventually decided that he needed something that was ice cold and delicious, and despite being lactose intolerant he ends up settling on a melon ice cream bar that was currently located within his freezer. 

This had to be worth it. It was ice cream after all. Ice cream was always a good choice whenever you needed something to cool you off from the sweltering heat.

So the bloating and diarrhea had to be worth it. Right?

Before pulling on the handle of the freezer door, Hoseok takes a moment to wipe a bit of sweat from above his brow. Why had it gotten so warm recently? The weather was so fresh and beautiful just a couple of weeks ago? In fact Hoseok had been so tempted to turn on the heater so many nights in a row but now it was the last thing he would ever dream of doing.

He opens up the freezer and stands there for a few moments, allowing his body to be enveloped by the cool air that was exiting the ice filled appliance. It felt so good. The way the icy air stung his face. If it was possible he would climb up inside and stay there for the rest of the afternoon. But then again that would probably kill him wouldn't it? He wasn't really in the mood to find out anyway.

After retrieving the melon bar from the freezer, Hoseok inhales a particularly large breath of ice cold air. Yeah he was probably going to regret doing that eventually, but today was not that day. He then shuts the door closed and begins to make his way into the living room, one hand in his pocket blindly searching for his phone and in the other, his melon ice cream bar.

Once he makes it through the hallway into his bedroom, he tosses his phone onto the comforter and sits down on the edge of the bed and begins to unwrap his ice cream, as he is unwrapping the melon bar, it comes to his attention that his phone had received a notification.

So, he quickly removes the frozen treat from its wrapper and pops it into his mouth, before picking up the device and tapping on its screen. His eyes immediately widen when he sees that it's a message from Yoongi.

In that moment he can hardly stop himself from smiling. Finally, Yoongi had answered.

"Sorry for not answering sooner" the beginning of the text had read, "I've been incredibly busy with work but sure I'd like to go out for coffee sometime :))"

Hoseok's heart practically jumps out of his chest. It felt like a date. Of course Hoseok knew this wasn't a date, since Yoongi wasn't single but it was still so exciting to think about going outside of the house and meeting up with someone. Now he didn't have to awkwardly sit alone at a booth in a Cafe.

Hoseok happily munches on his ice cream bar as they make plans for going out and having coffee. He finds himself smiling down at his phone screen almost the entire time. He couldn't help it.

This was incredibly exciting for him. Exciting and Anxiety inducing at the same time. Fuck what was he going to do!? He had to go out in public. He has to eat in public, shit that's the last thing he wanted.

Why hadn't that thought occurred to him earlier? Now he was really screwed, don't get him wrong though, he loved the thought of going out with a friend but being out in public surrounded by a plethora of strangers as he sits at a booth struggling to eat in a public space didn't really sound like a lot of fun after all.

But it was too late to cancel,  the date was already set. Yoongi and Hoseok would be meeting up for coffee in exactly one week.

to be continued...
─────༺♡༻─────