Revealing My Secret

Chapter 2

All the way home, my parents have been constantly asking me if I'm okay. I always answer with "I'm fine." I know why they're worrying . I look like I'm in pain, and I am, I am paler than I've ever been, I'm shaking and I'm silent. Yes, this worry's them as I am never silent. My mother keeps comforting me, but it doesn't help. None of it helps. I'm getting farther and farther away from my mate and it's killing me, literally.

As soon as we are back home, I run straight up to my bedroom, at everyone's surprise, but no one comes up to bother me. They know when I want to be alone. I get changed out of my dress and cloak and I get into something more comfortable- a chequered skirt and black top, and tie my hair back into a plait. I start pacing. Okay, let's go over everything that's happened just so I can get to grips with what I should do next. Okay, deep breaths, here we go.

I got up. Got dressed, went down to my family, and walked to the field. There, I waited until I looked up and saw him. I am mates with a wolf. I am mates with a wolf. Oh god, I am mates with a wolf. (I pace faster) I have to tell someone. Parents? No, definitely not, they would- I don't even want to finish that sentence. Alec. That's who I'll tell. He won't tell anyone else, he'll understand and, hopefully, he will tell me what to do next. Finally, a decision made.
My Aunt Didyme interrupts my meltdown. "You okay hunny?" she exclaims. I know this isn't like me at all but I really can't talk to her right now.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say, as I clamber out my room, brushing my shoulder against hers. I stumble down the steps, still shaking. Until I come to the throne room. I scan the people in there,

Jane- no. Dimitri- no. Felix- no. Caius- NO. Marcus- no. Father- No. Mother- no. Athenodora- no. Nope, no Alec. I move onto the next room. He's not there. Not in the next one either. Then I remember- His room. Why didn't I think of that earlier?! I sprint off down the corridor and up the nearest stairs to where Alec's room is.

I knock on the door and hear a faint "Come in." Which is my signal to enter, I open the door slightly and catch him reading, he reads all the time.
"Alec?" I say quietly, "Could I, talk to you for a minute?"

He lays down his book and sits upright in his chair when he sees it's me. "Yes of course Cassie." He replies. 'Cassie' is my nickname, everyone uses it except my father.

"I, err, I'm feeling a bit stressed, no that's not true. You see I've err," I hesitate. He gestures for me to sit opposite him on the couch, so I do. "I've found my mate." Alec face lightens up.
"But," I continue, "You must not tell anyone and I mean anyone what I am about to tell you. Especially not my parents or Caius. Do you promise?"

"I promise." He says, "Now, who is your mate?"

"That's the problem, I'm not sure. I don't know who he is but I do know what he is and that he's imprinted on me."

"You mean he's a-" he asks.

"Yes." I reply firmly.

"You must be in a lot of pain."

"I am."

"But you don't know who he is?" I shake my head. He sits back in his chair and thinks for a moment.

"Where did you become mates with him?"

"At the field today. At the confrontation."

"So you had to just walk away?" he asks me in disbelief, I nod slowly, looking down at my lap.

"What do you want to do?" he asks me, now leaning forward.

"I don't know. That's why I came to you. I don't know how I feel yet. I mean yes I want to be with him but I don't love him in the slightest." I reply, waiting nervously for his answer.

"You have to go to him. You have to find him."

"WHAT?! No Alec, I'm sorry but I am not going to just go out there and hunt down a wolf who doesn't know who I am and I don't know who he is! No, I'm not doing that." I go to get up but he stops me.

"If I was in your position, I would do the same for my mate. Just think about it Cassie. You have to meet him one way or another, you're in pain, and it's most likely he is too. You're both hurting, dying to see each other. Just do what you must and meet him, now." He releases my arm, freeing me to go. I storm out of the room, saying "Thanks anyway Alec" on my way out. I walk up to my bedroom and pace around, replaying the conversation that had just happened in my head.

Should I go and find him? No, he's probably with his pack. But Alec's right, I have to meet him one way or another. I walk back out of my room and back to Alec's. I swing the door open and say;

"If I go, cover for me, and tell no one." He nods in reply, and escorts me out of the castle, carefully trying not to look suspicious heading for the door.

"Be safe, and come back quick." He says, putting my black cloak around me. "And stay hidden." He says as I walk out into the pitch black to meet my mate...

_________
Hey guys chapter 2 out, and this one was written bu my amazing friend, We hope you all enjoyed and make sure to comment your thoughts in the comments, and make sure to also vote. Adios readers.