The Florence Pack does not approve of me- Part 1

Chapter 6- 

As soon as the howl in the distance sounds, we start to walk towards it. Liam knows who the howl belongs too, a Florence pack that he used to run with. Hopefully they remember him, and allow us to stay for the night. I cannot sleep on the forest floor again. Walking through Florence, we notice that people begin to stare at us, maybe it's because Liam's clothes are quite ripped from transforming and I have a heavy cloak around my shoulders. 

It seems we have been walking for days on end when we soon realise that we are starving. Usually, back home, tourists come and visit volterra, so we don't have to go far to eat. However with Liam, it's different. He has managed to convert me to animal meat instead of human. 

It's not that bad, I've gotten used to it. I have never eaten at a restaurant in my life; Liam is surprised when I make this statement. He decides to treat me to a meal at one of the restaurants nearby. The place we eat at is called 'The Waterway' and it is busy when we arrive there. It is one of many restaurants overlooking the river Arno. It is a warm night, so we take a table on the balcony, facing the river and the sunset. We order our meals and, as I don't know what to do, Liam picks what I have, since he thinks what I might like. 

Our food comes a few minutes later and to my surprise, we are both sharing a massive pizza, which almost fills the table. Liam cuts it into slices and we dig in. The cheese stretches as I pull out my first piece. I have to say, this is probably the best meal I have ever had, and that's saying a lot. Liam eats most of it, I only eat about 3 slices, I'm mostly tired, and ready for sleep. Liam pays, although I offer too, he insists. We wander towards the pack's place, which luckily isn't far.

A while later, we finally arrive at where the pack lives. In the woods, surrounded by trees, but the cabin looks quite homely for where wolves live. My eyelids droop as I lean against a nearby tree and Liam tells me to stay there. We decided on the way here that he should go first, as I don't think any pack would be happy with a vampire arriving. 

They trust Liam and if they can see he trusts me and I am not of any harm, they may let us stay. I see him approach the cabin and knock on the door before glancing back at me. The door swings open and immediately Liam is pulled into a bear- like hug by a bear- like man. I am guessing he is the alpha. I hear others greet Liam and he tells them they might want to come outside for what happens next. All of the pack emerges from the cabin. 

Most of them are muscular, with a circle tattoo like Liam's on their arm. They all surround the cabin, looking directly at Liam, who is standing in front of the trees, in front of me.

He turns around, looks at me, and holds his hand out, and I take it. Almost as soon as I step out from the shadows of the trees, the whole pack transforms into wolf form. I step closer to Liam, my back touching his chest. He wraps his arms around my shoulders protectively.

"Come on guys, she's my mate. Don't worry, she means no harm, we are trying to get back to volterra, and we need a place to stay. Please guys; you are the only place we could think of." Liam explains to the pack, and as soon as he says "Volterra" they start growling. I guess they know where I'm from now. A woman steps out of the cabin, she mustn't be a shifter as she does not transform when she sees me. She does not seem surprised by how the pack has reacted to my arrival. She walks casually in front of the pack and straight to me. Liam takes his hands off of my shoulders and hugs the woman.

"Lara," He says, "I am so glad you're here."

"Hi," She lets go of Liam and faces me, "I'm Lara, Liam and I have been friends since... forever." We shake hands and I introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Cassia; it's lovely to meet you." I say.

"Cassia, what a lovely name." She exclaims, I thank her in a quiet voice as she turns to face the pack. 

"You know the rules, we cannot hurt her, and she is Liam's imprint. Besides, how is this any different from Jacob and Renesmee. We welcomed Nessie, so let's welcome Cassia shall we. C'mon it's getting dark, everyone inside!" She yells to the pack, shooing them inside. With a hand on my back, Liam and I walk into the cabin whilst the pack turns back into wolf form in the woods. Lara offers me food and drink and I explain we have already eaten. We sit on the sofa and I feel as though I am about to drift off when the rest of the pack walks in and Lara introduces them. They all either cock their head or grunt when she does;

"This is Ellis," She gestures to what looks like the youngest with brown hair, "Daniel," Black haired boy, "Wayne," Alpha, tallest of the group, "Aiden," second in command, blonde, "and Brendan, Jesse is out with his imprint and I am afraid you won't be able to meet him." They all seem to accept that Liam and I will be staying for the night. They are happy Liam's here, but not me. Dinner is served and they all eat together on several couches near where Liam and I are sitting. Ellis, the youngest, asks us all sorts of questions about 'us.' When there are too many questions, he gets elbowed by Wayne sitting next to him.

"There are two rooms at the back of the corridor, you guys can take those." Wayne explains, getting back to his meal.

Liam answers all of the questions, no one asks me, only Liam. I never thought it would be this awkward. The last few things I remember about that night are that I drift off to sleep and rest my head on Liam's shoulder, he carries me to my room and I lean into his chest as he does so. He covers me in blankets and then he goes to his room.