Chapter 9: The Tour de Force of a Personage

Under the same sky, on the same planet,
in the same thread of orbit...

We're on the same page as much as on
the same line, something to
celebrate about—an off of hat, a toast of glass.

Postscript: "A Toast of Glass" discusses how it's like to be in the same rapport—having the same mind, thinking alike.

-75th Article: A Toast of Glass, Scrolls and Chapters

"Who can still remember the meaning of 'unconsciously cutting unnecessary threads' from our previous discussion?"

"Professor!"

"Yes, Legion Evans?"

"That means, the tightening of threads like how ropes are released and tied around the outer elements."

"Sorry, we're not on the same page. Anyone?"

*Yesh raises a hand.*

"Yes, Ms. Soprano?"

"Unconsciously cutting unnecessary threads means, being automatically prevented from unnecessary connections," Yesh recited.

"Firm-as-sure tone of voice... That's exactly correct!"

*The bell rings.*

* * *

"Your third and final task is to find your way crosswise the maze and pass through the tunnel 'til you reach the light at its end. This will test your life span strategy skills and strength. If you endure until the end, this will soon give you an unlimited life in increasing glory," Professor Primo continued, "this is a symbolic armory, a kind of MacGuffin that will somehow help you solve the maze. Keep this arsenal. This will direct and lead you to the exit once your goals are aimed," the professor directed.

The brave and obedient students complied as adjured.

*15 minutes later*

"You're now at Stage 8. Overpass onto the silver and gold pyramids without being pierced by the pyramid's vertex. Super Prince, Oslo, Almish, and Legion Evans-you may proceed."

While Irish Lewis together with Yesh contested against the opponents at Stage 9.

"Yesh, what are you doing? My sixth sense senses that you're currently writing without even holding a paper or pen. How are you doing that? This is not the right time to write though. We're facing giants!"

"I'm writing through my psyche. I'm taking a note. This scenario is perfect for my 65th chapter. If I don't document this now, I may forget it later."

"I just noticed... They were immediately hindered after you started writing. Is it because of the powers released by your imaginary quill?" Lewis queried.

"Not specifically, if you would remember the lesson that Professor Primo Zilda taught in our previous discussions, they simply become silent whenever truth is harped in front of them. It's because they are sensing and reading the codes that they see through the lenses of their eyes as they interact with me..."

"What are these codes?"

"These are the words I'd written in my book some time ago. Through their sensors, the words are translated to a language that they could understand... while the powers of music that runs in my blood, which I inherited from my father, lullabies their unrest spirits. The Diamond Oracle and the things unseen are taming their senses that cause them to obey. They simply can't resist its powers because it comes from Haven's light forces. Just like humans, when they read a book or listen to sound, they are as silent as wind and as soft as doves," Yesh clarified.

[Yesh is playing with her voice as if strings of crescendo are played as a background.]

"Keep calm; I'm an author and singer-songwriter. I play with vocals. I'm equating and structuring the formula by words and harmony, not by numbers," Yesh added.

Yesh transformed to personae to outwit the opponents. Irish used her ranging mass to offset the platform where she and Yesh stood. They activated their tour de force together to nullify the giants. The monstrous creatures fell then to the ground.

*Maze Exit*

Surprisingly, Yesh's team was the first one to reach the maze end and exit!

The subset of first-string professors and geek students went out to the open field to announce the winner and witness the much-awaited symposium ceremony. All were a bit nerved and excited.

"Brilliants, this will serve as the basis of your overall grade for the finals," Lord Mahusay announced.

*Silence*

The school head together with Lord Levine Magaling jumpstarted, held in their hands the tournament scorecard results, and began declaring the result.

The competitive students paid attention and postured with brilliance.

*After a while*

"Schooled minds, listen. The group of winners exceeded the university's expectation. This is considered as somewhat accelerated and unexplainably impressive!" the school head took pride and declared.

*A round of applause*

"We have come to this moment in time and traveled our own distance..." the professor stood a speech.

The winning team received the Afterglow Championship Award, medals, a trophy, and an amount of reward.

"Congrats, team! I have no idea how we made it since the monstrous giants seemed impossible to outmatch!" Sab, Irish Lewis, Almish, and Super Prince expressed.

"Yeah, I thought we would be ingested alive by those scary creatures," Yesh and Claudia put forth.

The feel-good chords of their reaction tapped the royal bluish ringdove's stimuli to fly toward the winning team and land over Super Prince's right shoulder.

"You're now our newest member!" Super Prince welcomed.

"Welcome, your majesty, our very own ringdove!" they chorused.

"You have a magnificent ocular features; they have the sincerest details! I'll introduce you to Ulah. You'll meet him tomorrow..." the silver-tongued Yesh blazoned.

"What a grandiose grandeur!" the well-spoken Claudia described with accent and praised the royal ringdove.

The magnific blood-red butterflies from around the corner hovered to their circle of conversation.

"A splendid splendor!" Sab illustrated.

"We are your new human friends; you're now part of the team!" Irish Lewis and Rubics Squared chattered.

The sublime ringdove was figuratively domiciled. He felt embraced. He felt homed. He sensed sincerity. He sensed home.

The greenish shruberry and multicolored ornamental ornaments beside the academy's stone castle, twenty-one meters away from the library, gracefully flowered and bloomed in slow motion.

*Interaction*

"Hey, what happened? You are mudded and slimed. That's sticky, thick, green slime," Yesh conveyed.

"We were swallowed by a giant monster down to his stomach. This is the saliva of that creep! I thought we would die," Legion Evans and Oslo vented.

"No worry, that wasn't in real life yet. It was only a tournament. What's important is, we're all alive," she added.

The winning team delivered a message in front of the audience through Yesh.

Narrator: Yesh's virgin lips, mouth, and tongue-not just in her book character but also in real life-have caused her words to become a life-giving force. She delights in word empowerment, may it be verbal or written.

"To speak in front of the crowd is the least of my interest but given as a privilege," she quoted.

(This part is inspired by the author's resource speaking engagement at her alma mater in 2017.)