CHAPTER THREE.

CHAPTER THREE.
OF FRIENDS AND OF FOES.

"SAVE IT, BLACK

"SAVE IT, BLACK. I DON'T NEED TO HEAR IT." AT THE COMMENT, Sirius couldn't help but hold in a smile, making Alexandra more annoyed. "I'm sorry but I don't remember saying something funny." She kept her arms crossed onto her chest, while eyeing the Gryffindor boy down. All he could do was nod, then look into her eyes again. Damn those eyes.

"I don't mean to be rude, but if you didn't want to hear from me, why did you bother even coming up to me?" Blimey. He's right. Good grief, Alexandra. The girl curses inwardly. "Cat got your tongue?" She scoffed at what he said.

"More like dog, if you'd ask me." Alexandra responded while squinting her eyes at him. Before she could come up with another response, they both were immediately interrupted by another familiar presence. "Phoebe?"

"Hey, is this good for nothing boy bothering you again?" The venom dripped in each word the Wang girl uttered. Sirius was taken aback. Offended, actually. But he could care less. Besides, he deserved it. "Haven't you done enough damage, Black? To Alexandra, to her family...to your family."

"Phoebe, please stop—"

"No, Xandra! He needs to be reminded of what he did, and what he is." The Slytherin eyed him down sternly from head to toe in anger. Meanwhile, Sirius couldn't do anything but stand there, in front of the girl he was at fault to. Looking like a desperate fool, because that's what he was—a fool. A good for nothing fool. "This is the last time I'm going to ask you this, on behalf of Alexandra, stay away from her."

In the midst of the heated conversation, another figure came out, this time, it was Remus Lupin. With a pair of concerned eyes, the boy looked back and forth at both the two girls and Sirius. "Hey Padfoot, where have you—oh, I'm sorry...but what's going on here?" Phoebe rolled her eyes, tapping her foot onto the ground, growing impatient.

"Well, it seems like your friend here is acting like the idiot he is again."

Remus scrunched his eyebrows at the Slytherin girl in annoyance. "Hey, that wasn't very nice of you, Wang."

"Oh, and since when were you nice, Lupin?! It almost seems to me that the reason why you and Black are in the same pack because of your intolerable personalities!"

"Phoebe! Stop!" Alexandra shouted all of a sudden, which eventually silenced the girl from her bickering. The two boys in front of her were also taken aback, also not used to the fact that the quiet Ravenclaw girl could ever raise her voice. Sighing heavily, she said, "Look, I appreciate you defending me, but please, your words are going too far. And as for you two," She then faced the only males in their midst once more.

"Remus, I'm sorry on behalf of Phoebe." Alexandra apologised, which Remus nodded in response.

"And you, Black. Like what the Slytherin said. Stay away from me." And with that, Alexandra held Phoebe's hand and walked down the hallways.

"Alright. I guess I completely understand why she's mad at you, Padfoot. Anyway, at least you have me, right?"

"Of course I do, Moony."

"Ok, what was that about?" Stopping in their tracks, the Wilson girl came face to face with Phoebe. "And how did you know I was with Sirius? You're not a prefect or a head girl. So why aren't you in your common room?"

Rubbing a finger against her forehead, the Slytherin girl sighed, saying, "Do you not get it?" Nearing the girl in front of her, looking into her eyes with a soft expression. Alexandra furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Get what, Phoebe?"

The Wang girl smirked at the look the Ravenclaw gave her. She shook her head. "Oh, nothing. I just care for you. It's just simple as that. Come on, we've been there for each other since we were children, right?"

Blinking her eyes twice as Alexa nodded, "Right. Of course."

There it was. The deafening and oh so familiar silence that once again enveloped their surroundings. The atmosphere was rather awkward and the evening wind was chilly as usual. "Guess this is good night. Sweet dreams, nightingale."

Phoebe winked playfully and made her way back to the dungeons where her common room was. While Alexandra stood there, in awe. It's been a while since she has been called that nickname. And just like the bird who utters a sweet song, it's seemed like it's been so long since she last carried a tune.

A joyful, genuine tune.