CHAPTER FOUR.

CHAPTER FOUR.
THE GRYFFINDOR AND I.

"HEY, YOU GO AHEAD. I STILL NEED TO MEET UP WITH SOMEONE." ALEXANDRA GAVE ELLA A SURPRISED LOOK, her bestfriend, meeting up with someone? Again? This wasn't new to the Ravenclaw, since Ella liked exploring—-not only places, but people. Her identity is also another adventure of dear Ella. Alexa internally cringed at that thought she had, but she shook it off. Knowing she loved the girl no matter what she was. "Ella, we have a Herbology class to attend to. Can't your new so called lover wait?"

"C'mon, Xandra! It's just a class about plants. I can't make love to a bush, can't I?! Will the plants satisfy my needs—" Alexandra snorted and slapped her best friend's shoulder playfully. Why was she friends with her again? Yet, she was grateful to have someone in her life who would brighten up her mood, especially on her lowest days.

"Ella Harrison! You silly girl. What would my life be without you, hmmm?"

"Let's see...ah, it will be terribly boring." Ella laughed along, and Xandra shook her head. "Besides, I don't want to have class with the Gryffindors. One of my exes will be there—"

"Goodness, right! We're integrated with the Gryffindors today. Oh well, I'll see you in the next five minutes then." Ella tapped her shoulder gingerly in return, and made her merry way to wherever she was going. Alexandra shook her head one last time, and headed to the Herbology class with the rest of the Ravenclaws.

Alexandra made her way to the class, seeing that they were integrated with the Gryffindors, the quiet Ravenclaw spotted a familiar face among the maroon house. "Well, look who it is!" The handsome gentleman chimed. "Say, aren't you the beautiful young woman who I just met not so long ago?" He asked in a seemingly joking manner, which brought a chaste smile on Xandra's face as she looked down to hide her obvious flushed face.

She looked up and nodded. Trying to compose herself. "Indeed it is. It's nice to see you again, Henry." Still in a trance by his presence, Alexandra's sweet day dreams were cut off by the professor. Now, everyone's attention was drawn to the  speaker.

"Alright, for today's class, I will have you examine a very familiar flower," The houses of blue and maroon both stayed silent, waiting for the specific flower mentioned to their sights. A scarlet coloured plant was raised and placed on the table, but it was...in a glass case. As if it was floating.

"Huh, deja vu." Alexandra whispered to herself. Her eyes not leaving the table.

"Can anyone tell me what this lovely flower is?" A Ravenclaw raised her hand.

"It's a rose!"

"Ah, yes, that is correct. But this isn't any ordinary rose. It's one filled with magic." At the mention of magic, it clicked. One of the muggle fairy tails Alexandra would read as a child came into her head. Beauty and the Beast. She remembered it so well. The rose which symbolised how much time the Beast had to fulfil in order to be free from the shackles of the curse. Then, there was Belle, the Beauty in the midst of the terrible punishment. Somehow, the recalling the story made her reflect on her own life. How ironic.

"Just like in the muggle tale, I want each of you to take care of your own rose. But, the catch is you aren't going to do it on your own. Besides, you all really thought that I put Ravenclaw and Gryffindor together for nothing?Their professor giggled, and chatters from both houses started to commence. "I will give you the freedom to choose your partners. Each one of you will monitor the growth of your magic roses together. The roses will be in full bloom, most especially when you do acts of kindness to your fellow students. It will wilt entirely if there are any emotions of deep hatred."

That should be easy. Or was it? Did she actually hate the certain Gryffindor that abandoned her? After all, hate is a strong word. As much as it was a word, it was an emotion. A strong one too. Pupils started pairing up left and right, while Alexandra was still lost in her thoughts, only to be disturbed by a slightly warm presence in front of her.

"Would you do me the honour of being my partner in this assignment, Miss Wilson?" The words sounded like music to the Ravenclaw, and as she looked into his eyes, she smiled.

"It would be my greatest pleasure." And as she replied, he held out his hand to her reach. Alexandra was slightly taken aback, but she eventually complied. Slowly extending her smaller hand into Henry's warmer ones, his fingers gently caressing her knuckles. Alexandra swore that her heart could jump out of her chest at any moment from the speed of her pulse. Because of this, she saw her rose glow, along with her partner's. "Well, would you look at that." Henry exclaimed, his hand not leaving her's, but his eyes on both of their roses.

"Looks like it does work." Alexandra whispered to herself once more.

"Not unless you end up hating me, I mean, I am a man of many words, but I can assure you I am quite entertaining—" Henry joked again and was immediately cut off by Alexandra's melodic laugh that lasted for a few seconds. That the Gryffindor surely cherish at how beautiful the sound was.

"No need to worry about that. For I am sure that you were a tolerable and well respected person the moment I saw you in the dining area of my home." She smiled, her eyes not leaving his face. "I assure you, kind sir, that I don't think I can bring myself to hate you. Or anyone at the matter. I'm quite a forgiving person, so I guess you can say you're in luck."

Silence filled the both of them once more. Despite the distant talking of the others, it was as if time had stopped for the both of them. It was as if they got lost in each other's eyes, as the romantic muggle novels would describe it.

Their sweet moment was put to a halt when they heard distinctive voices coming from the entrance. Two familiar faces came in and immediately grabbed everyone's attention.

That's when she saw him. With...Ella?

She stared at both of them. Alexandra didn't know if she would throw a fit, or just stay quiet, like how she would handle most situations. Henry looked at her in concern. "Are you sure that you don't have any hatred towards anyone?"

A deep sigh was released from her lips. "I'm pretty sure I have already forgiven the people who have hurt me." Yes, forgiveness was possible to accomplish. But forgetting is the most dreadful part. For how can someone have the full capacity to forgive, but at the same time, to forget?

But yet, the Beauty had compassion for the Beast. And so if Belle could do it, why can't she? It was a ridiculous thought, to compare her situation to a fictional character. But it somehow brought her comfort. And she desperately needed it right now.

Shaking off the thought, Alexandra covered it up with a smile and asked. "Shall we?"

"Of course."

The Gryffindor replied. His thoughts soon lingered on the sight of Sirius with Alexandra's best friend. He unconsciously started to plot. For how can someone hurt such a beautiful and selfless girl like Alexandra Wilson, who was soon to be his future wife?

"I have an idea."