2 • I Wish...

"Mommy, where do the stars go to?"

"They lead to something beautiful."

It wasn't unnatural for someone to have a wish. It wasn't unnatural to make a wish come true.

Yuta wanted to see the view of the Stars and ocean meeting together as one. It's not that he can't make his wish come true but he wanted his wish to experience it with someone he truly cared for.

He mentioned multiple times about how much following the stars meant to him. His mom and dad took up that journey and ended up engaged right there under a million stars.

"It's truly a sight worth seeing."

He wanted to experience that same feeling like his parents did. Preferably, without the proposing. He isn't worried too much about marriage.

At least not now.

Yuta did tell Mark about his wish. If he was being honest to himself, he thought Mark would be his special someone to see the stars with.

Mark was supportive of his wish at first until he stopped caring about it and said that it was ridiculous.

Ever since then, Yuta decided it was best to not talk about his wishes, dreams and hopes to someone who doesn't have the energy as he does when it's mentioned.

He stopped talking about it with Mark and kept it to himself. At one point, his wish almost turned into a What if...

Yuta had to catch himself making sure he never turned a wish, dream or hope in into a 'What if...'

Once you start having the narrative of What if, You start to think of the possibility of something happening instead of making it happen.

It's been a month since the break. He wasn't crying as much as he was before but he would still tear up time from time.

As far as he knew, no one knew about his little moment expect for Taeyong. Yuta made it seem like it was nothing more then a break up and that everything was cool.

No one really questioned it except for Shotaro. He didn't believe him at first so it did take a lot of convincing. Yuta felt bad for lying to the kid but at the end of the day, he didn't want people knowing he was affected by Mark's words.

Taeyong kept telling him that crying doesn't make a man soft. In fact, it makes him more of a man since he's able to express his feelings.

Yuta was thankful for him that day. Even tho he said little to nothing, Taeyong stayed. The two of them started to talk a bit more each day. Turns out they had a lot more in common then they thought.

He also saw that Taeyong would easily make him a priority to make sure he was okay. Yuta still kept his distance but not for all the wrong reasons. Mark was still on his mind and he didn't want to use Taeyong's kindness as a rebound.

~•~~•~~•~

"Yuyu, how come you never dated Taeyong?" Shotaro bluntly asked him randomly.

"Why would I date him?" Yuta asked back, confused as to why it was Taeyong's name that came up in the same sentence as dating.

Shotaro and Sungchan exchanged a glance like Yuta had said the absolute wrong answer.

"Hey! Why did you guys do that looky thing?!"

"Because you're dumb!" Shotaro exclaimed.

"Sho... let's calm down." Sungchan said. He patted Shotaro on the shoulders who huffed and rolled his eyes.

"I mean if being dumb looks this good then I'll be the dumbest person in the world."

Sungchan made a face of disagreement but quickly changed it back. "No, but for real. How come you never dated Taeyong?"

So they were serious?

Yuta leaned back in his seat thinking. Dating Taeyong has never crossed his mind but there was a time where he felt something for him...

That's a different story.

"Why is this question just now being brought up?" The oldest questioned.

Sungchan and Shotaro exchanged another glance.

"Why do you keep looking at each other like that?!"

"He's hopeless. See Sungchan, I told you he was dumb. Maybe a little stupid too--"

Sungchan covered the older's mouth before he could say more. "Sorry hyung. You how he gets..."

"I'm your hyung too!" Taro said, still muffled by a hand.

"You sure don't act like it." Sungchan countered, "I'm always getting you out of problems you created."

When Shotaro finally got Sungchan's hand removed from his mouth, he shoved him away almost sending him to the floor if it wasn't for Chan's long legs catching himself.

"It's just... people need to pay attention to what they are given..." He paused to think, "or what someone is trying to give you." Shotaro said.

Yuta frowned even more. "Huh? What is he trying to give me?"

Shotaro gave up leaving Sungchan to speak since he can't stand Yuta's cluelessness.

"Hyung, what he's trying to say is you were only focused on what was in front of you instead of around you." Sungchan further explained.

Turns out Taeyong wasn't so discrete about his crush after all. SungTaro knew he liked Yuta ever since he came.

Yuta mouthed an 'oh'. He doesn't remember missing anything so what could it possibly be? What could Taeyong give him that others can't?

Yuta hunched. "I just want to live life right now guys. I'm not in the rush to do anything."

SungTaro nodded, understanding where he was coming from. The three bid their goodbye and departed ways.

As Yuta was walking home his mind wondered back to one specific question that was left unanswered.

"How come you never dated Taeyong?"

Taeyong wasn't a bad guy. He was everything good put into one and a very handsome guy. Of course Yuta could agree with that.

But how come he has never dated Taeyong?

Was the real question and Now he seriously wanted to know too.

Does Taeyong like me? He asked himself, looking up into the starry night sky.

The only response he got was the stars twinkling back at him like they were waiting for something to happen.

He has years after years to live life so why not make the best of it and start what he wishes now?

~•~~•~~•~

Edited: 3/11/22