12 • Our Chance...

When they got back to Seoul, the first ones to welcome them back was Mark and Johnny.

After a confirmation that Yuta was okay, the two got out the car and walked up to the surprisingly close friends considering Mark doesn't care too much for skinship.

Johnny being the amazing person he was, was the first person to speak up. "Hi Taeyong, Yuta. Glad to have you guys back.

Johnny spared Mark a glance. He knew Mark wanted to speak but was probably still worried that Yuta and Taeyong felt resentment towards him.

"Ugh, you're so awkward." Taeyong laughed bringing his close friend into his warmth. Mark hesitantly wrapped his arms around Taeyong. When he felt him tighten his grip, Mark loosened up under Ty's touch.

"I'm sorry..." Mark mumbled into his ear.

Taeyong pulled away and rested his hands on Mark's shoulder. "No need to keep apologizing. We talked everything out."

Mark nodded, ruffling Taeyong's hair making him scold him for messing up his newly dyed navy blue hair. With one pluck to the forehead, Mark stopped instantly.

Johnny and Yuta wiped away their fake tears but in all honesty, it was good that the tension between them was no longer there.

Shotaro came running down the side walk with Sungchan telling him to be careful and DoJae laughing at Sungchan's attempt to calm him down.

"TAEYONGIE I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! YOU LEFT YOUR FAVORITE COUSIN IN THE DARK!" Shotaro whaled with slight tears in his eyes.

Mark pulled away seeing that he was gonna run straight into Taeyong and he did not want to feel that impact.

Taeyong chuckled, "There there." He said, patting Taro's shoulders while he sobbed.

Sungchan finially caught up taking a deep breath. He couldn't understand how someone had so much energy. Especially since they just came back from a water park.

Mark shuffled back over to Johnny's side, Yuta not failing to notice how the two looked at each other.

I hope everything works out well.

Once Shotaro got himself together he took things into his own hands and asked the question everyone wanted to know.

"So~ is it official?"

Yuta and Taeyong's looked at each other then back at  Shotaro smiling. "It official." They said.

Everyone covered their ears when Shotaro shrieked. "I know you're happy and all but please, be considerate of our ears." Sungchan grumbled .

Shotaro quickly said sorry and went back to a high pitched voice again, "OHMYGOD I'M GONNA BE THE BESTEST COUSIN A LITTLE BOY OR GIRL COULD ASK FOR!"

All looked at him questionably. If Doyoung wasn't mistaken, Shotaro was referring to a baby. Jaehyun looked away to prevent his laughter.

"Wait hold on. What are you talking about?" Yuta questions.

Mark and Johnny's mouth fell open, Taeyong praying that Shotaro would cover up what he really meant with something lame.

"BABIES!"

Taeyong sighed, mentally and physically face palmed. You can always count on Shotaro with this kinda of stuff. "I thought we told you to drop that idea..."

Shotaro simply raised his hand to ignore those 'negative' words. Yuta raised a brow when Shotaro walked over and whispered something in his ear.

Taeyong could only imagine the many things He could have said. Jaehyun thought the whole thing was hilarious.

"You were going to abduct me and make babies?" Yuta slowly asked.

Shotaro giggled when he saw Taeyong panic. Sungchan started to chase him down but failed miserably when Shotaro was able to get away quick.

"Relax, it's not that serious." Mark teases.

Taeyong pouts, crossing his arms over his chest to walk with DoJae. Johnny laughed which made Taeyong ask if they actually did the dirty.

"Yes."

Doyoung 's mouth fell open, jaehyun started busting out laughing, Taeyong smirked at Mark who was blushing like crazy receiving kisses from Johnny, Sungchan too tired to care and Shotaro?

Shotaro just yelled out what he was thinking making everyone sigh.

"BABY TIME!"

•• 💫 ••

After a long day of running around, having a good diner and Shotaro still going on about babies, it was time to settle down.

Yuta was spending the night at Taeyong's house for the first real time.

Without tears.

When both of them were done taking their showers, Taeyong went down stairs to get some ice cream and two spoons.

He came back into the the room with Yuta patiently waiting for him. "Hope you like cookie dough!" He smiled.

Yuta extended his arms wide for Taeyong to sit comfortably in between his legs. The two of them ate ice cream with a soft melody playing in the back.

"Yuta?"

"Hm?"

"If you don't mind me asking... when did you start to like me?"

Yuta hummed. He knew the question was bound to come up. No matter who you were, everyone asked that question just to feel a bit more special.

Yuta thought back to the time he first met Taeyong remembering how bland he was with him. There was no hard feelings, he just was dense and he did just come from Japan.

He also remembered seeing Taeyong at a nearby pet shop volunteering. How he worked with delicacy with the stray animals to make sure they were okay.

Then there was another time he remembered accidentally walking into a room that Taeyong was in. He was singing a song called 2U. Taeyong sung with so much emotion that Yuta himself started to feel tingly in his stomach.

That's when that happened.

Taeyong mouthed a small 'oh'. He sung that song once his feeling for Yuta started to get deeper.

"I didn't know you heard that..."

"It sound amazing by the way. You can really sing." Yuta complimented.

Taeyong shrugged it off like it was nothing. I'm the inside he was screaming. "Ready to go to bed?"

Yuta sat the empty ice cream container on the small table, turning off the light. They got under the covers with Taeyong held close to Yuta's chest.

Yuta fell asleep in no time leaving Taeyong to admire his at rest state. He planted a little kiss on his nose and closed his eyes.

It's finally our chance...

•• 💫 ••

Edited: 4/30/2022