Chapter 1 - Sold

this is the first chapter of my first ever fanfiction! :3

i hope u like it! 

harry styles is bae uwu

*Beep Beep Beep*

You wake up to the sound of your alarm beeping next to your head. You groan and slap the button on top of it, turning over to sleep for another few minutes.

"Y/N! Get down here!" A voice calls from downstairs.

You groan again and pull a pillow over your head. Your dad can wait for a few more minutes.

"I said, get down here now!" Maybe he can't wait.

You pull your blanket off of you, uncovering your 5'1", petite body. You shiver at the coldness. You run to the closet and pull on a sweatshirt that engulfs your small body. Pulling on some leggings, you go over to your dressing table to do your hair and makeup. You pull your long, brown hair into a messy bun and put on some chapstick and mascara. You're not like other girls, you don't wear makeup.

"Y/N! Don't make me come up there!" Your dad calls again.

"I'm coming! Geez!" You yell back. Your high-pitched voice echoing in your room.

You brush your teeth, put on some socks, grab your backpack, and rush down the stairs.

"Finally!" Your dad grumbles, sitting at the table with a beer and the newspaper. He is an alcoholic. All he cares about is alcohol and being drunk. You're surprised he hasn't gotten rid of you yet, because he doesn't seem to care at all. Little do you know, that what you think is very close to the truth. You pour yourself a bowl of cereal and sit at the table.

"Y/N, I have to tell you something." Your dad says, looking up from his paper. He takes a sip of his beer.

What is it? Do you need me to give you money so you can buy more beer? You think to yourself.

"I've sold you." He says, emotionless.

"Huh?" You laugh. He must be drunk.

"I've sold you." He repeats. "I needed some money." What he doesn't say is that he needs some money to buy alcohol.

You look up from your cereal, eyebrows raised, your orbs wide open. "You what?" You ask slowly.

"Ugh, do I need to repeat myself again? I sold you!" He takes another sip from his beer and hiccups. "Your new owners will be here in thirty minutes. I would pack if I were you."

"WHAT?!" You yell, standing up quickly.

"Oh my god Y/N! Are you that stupid? I. SOLD. YOU! On Craigslist. Your new owners are picking you up in thirty minutes." He checked the clock on the wall. "Make that 29 minutes. I don't know who they are, but they're coming here. If you want to bring stuff with you, you need to pack it now." He drains his beer, stands up slowly, and waddles over to the fridge to get another.

"No!" You say harshly.

Your dad turns around, beer in hand. "What?"

"I'm not going!"

"What do you mean? You have to go! I sold you! I won't get my money if you don't go!"

"You can't make me!"

"Oh yes I can! You're only 17, I am still your legal guardian! You will do whatever I want, and when your new owners show up, they will be your new guardians!"

"I'm going to call the police! Child Protective Services!"

"They won't help. You're only a kid, you don't know what you're talking about.

You run up the stairs to your room. Thoughts race through your head.

Is this even legal? Who are my new owners? Is my dad playing a prank on me? What will I have to do for them? Will I be a slave? I HATE MY DAD! Can I still call the police? Was he lying! Ugh!

You throw stuff into your suitcase. Clothes, a hairbrush, your chapstick and mascara, your computer, your phone, anything you can find. Before you know it, you hear the doorbell ring.

You stand in the doorway of your room, straining to hear what's happening downstairs, but you can only hear muffled voices. Suddenly, you hear a deep, British voice at the bottom of the stairs.

"Ah they up heeya?" The voice says.

You hear your dad say yes.

"Y/N? Luv? Can you come down heeya?" The voice says.

You slam your door and throw your body against it, hoping to keep them out, but you're so small and you don't even weigh 100 pounds, and you know you won't be able to stop them from coming in. You hear footsteps nearing your room, and a knock on your door.

"I'm not going!" You yell through the door.

"Sourry luv, but it's noh up to you. We bought you, and now we own you."

"No!" You yell.

"Oi'm coming in, Y/N." The voice says. The doorknob turns, and even with you pushing on the door to keep it closed, the person manages to push it open. You look up at the man in front of you. It's Niall Horan from One Direction.

"Niall?" You ask in surprise.

"Oi! So you listen to One Direction, eh?"

"Yeah! I mean no!" You say, backing away from him.

"Y/N, you haff to come wiff me." He picks up your suitcase and motions at the door for you to follow him downstairs.

"No!" You yell.

He sighs and leaves the room. You hesitate, wondering if this means that you won't have to go.

But then you hear him say, "Alroit boys, Oi'm going to need a wee bi' oh help with them."

You hear multiple sets of footsteps coming up the stairs. You scurry under your bed to hide.

"Y/N?" You hear Niall say, coming into your room. He pauses, probably looking for you. "Where are they?" He wonders aloud.

Suddenly you see Zayn's face looking at you. "They're under 'eer!" He says to the rest of them. He grabs your arm and pulls you out.

You flail around, but they grab you and carry you downstairs.

Curse my petite body and zero muscles! You think to yourself.

"Dad! Save me!" You call to your dad, standing in the kitchen with his beer.

He chuckles. "I'm the one who sold you, stupid."

"Calm down! You're a feisty li'ul buggah, aren't you?" Liam says, gripping my arm.

Louis sits at the counter with a piece of paper and pen. "Can you just soin 'eer, and then you can 'ave your money." He says to your dad.

"Sure." Your dad says gruffly, signing the contract.

"NO!!!!!!" You scream, but there's nothing you can do, you're being carried out to the long limousine parked outside your house.

You get to the car and Liam, Niall, and Zayn toss you into the backseat and climb in after you, followed by Louis. You scrabble away from them to the other side of the car, your small hands pulling at the door handle and pressing the window button.

Zayn laughs. "You di'n't really fink we'd leave the door unlocked, did you?"

You don't answer and cross your arms over your chest, pulling your knees up.

"'Ello luv."