Chapter 4 - First Day

chapter 4!

this chapter is more intense than the others because y/n starts working as a slave so if u are uncomfy, pls read at ur own risk!

ty! <3

You wake up in your new bed.

Where am I? You think, alarmed. Yesterday's events flash through your mind. Your face falls. Oh yeah.

A bell is ringing. It is what woke you up. You hear a knock at your bedroom door.

"Who is it?" You call groggily.

"Robin Hood and Marian!" A voice comes from outside your room.

"Come in." You grumble, tugging a pillow over your head to block out the light shining in through your window.

The door opens and you hear two sets of footsteps enter the room.

"Y/N?" Maid Marian says.

You pull the pillow off your head and squint at the bright light.

"Ughhh." You groan.

The bell continues ringing.

"That bell means we are needed downstairs."

"I'm not going! I'm going to lock myself in here until I can figure out how to escape. Go without me."

"You'll get punished if you don't go when the bell rings. We're probably in trouble already because we're so late." Robin Hood says.

"I told you to go without me! If I get punished, I get punished. It's just more evidence for when I call the police!"

"Y/N, you can't call the police. If you could, we would know how. The members of One Direction have definitely made sure you can't escape." Marian says gently.

"GO WITHOUT ME!" You yell from the bed. You pull the pillow back over your head.

"Mari, we should go. They'll figure it out eventually, just like we had to." You hear Robin Hood whisper.

"Robin! I'm not leaving them here! They'll be punished!" Marian whispers back.

"GO AWAY!" You yell from under the pillow.

"You heard them, Mari, let's go." Robin says. You hear them leave the room and close the door. A few minutes later the bell stops ringing. You roll over and go back to sleep.

*BANG BANG BANG*

Someone is hammering on your door. You wake up with a start.

"I told you to go away!" You yell.

The door slams open, and instead of the foxes, Zayn is standing in the doorway. You bolt upright, your orbs wide open.

"Zayn!" You say.

"Who do you fink you ah?" He yells. "You ah our slave! You work for us! If we call you, you come! You cahn't laze around all day and do nuffing!"

You are frozen in place, your mouth wide open.

"Got nuffing to say, eh? Get up! I will drag you ow' uh bed myself if you're not downstairs in the west living room in ten minutes!" He slams the door behind him and you can hear him stomp down the hall and down the stairs.

You sit frozen in your bed. Should I go? You think. The idea of punishment looms in your head. What would the punishment be? You wonder. Would it be horrible? If I didn't get up, would I regret it? After some back and forth, you decide to stay in bed to see what happens. But you can't go back to sleep, you're too nervous. You stare at the clock on your bedside table. The minutes seem to rush by. Too quickly it has been 10 minutes. You turn your attention to the door. A few seconds pass by, and you can hear footsteps stomping closer and closer to your room. There isn't even a knock before the door swings open, smacking against the wall.

"I told you to come downstairs, and you're not even ow' uh bed yet! Do you wan' to geh' poonished?" Zayn yells. He stomps into the room. You shy away from him in the bed. "Louis! Geh' up heeyah!" Zayn calls. A few moments later you hear another set of footsteps coming up the stairs. Louis comes into the room. "Help me wiff 'em!" Zayn says loudly. He reaches across the bed and grabs your arm. You yell, trying to pull out of his grasp. "Oh shu' up. You brough' this upon yourself." Zayn grumbles. "Louis, grab their uffer ahm." Louis does as he's told, and despite your flailing, manages to grab your arm. They hoist you out of bed and carry you downstairs into the living room.

"Well well well. Top oh' the morning to you." Niall says sarcastically from a couch. Liam sits in a chair with a tablet, and Harry sits on another couch. He doesn't look at you.

"Let me go!" You yell at Zayn and Louis, kicking your feet at their shins. I wish I wasn't so petite and cute! You think.

"If you don't listen to us, you will geh' poonished. Do you unduhstand me?" Niall says sternly. You look at him angrily. "Would you like to heeyah what kind of poonishments there ah?" He asks. You don't answer. "Very well." He stands up and walks closer to you. "No meals." He ticks off on his fingers. "Extra work. Solitary confinement. And tha's just the first few." He continues to list worse and worse punishments. Your anger starts to turn to dread. Your arms grow limp in Zayn and Louis' grasp. Niall continues talking. "Because you didn't know wha' you were up against befoh, you will be leh' off wiff a warning. But, if you ever disobey again, we won't be so forgiving. Do you unduhstand?" You nod dejectedly and look at the ground. "Good."

After changing out of your pajamas, you work alongside the foxes and by yourself for the rest of the day. You used to have to cook and clean for your dad, so you know how to do what One Direction tells you to, but that doesn't mean you enjoy it. You clean 4 bathrooms, vacuum the entire first floor, clean some windows, do the laundry, and make lunch. You and the foxes eat your lunch in the slave dining room, which is just an empty bedroom in the slave's quarters with the bedroom furniture taken out and a table and chairs in their place. After lunch you get back to work. You work until 11 o'clock, with only a break for dinner in the slave dining room.

At 11, you trudge to your room, weary from your day of work. You sleepily brush your teeth and hair, change into your pajamas, and flop into bed. Despite the stiffness of the mattress, the lumpiness of the pillow, or the scratchiness of the blanket, you fall asleep the moment your head hits the pillow and sleep deeper than you've ever slept.