Chapter 3 - New Home

here's chapter 3! i hope u like it! :3 uwu

Your dark blue orbs watch through the window of the limousine as it drives. You feel like you've been in the car for several hours. Finally, the limousine stops at a large gate. You hear the window roll down in the front seat, and some mumbling, but you can't make out the words. Suddenly, a man appears at your window. He peers through and scans the inside of the car. Liam gives the man a thumbs up and the man returns the thumbs up and walks away. The gate opens and the limousine drives through it. You look out the window and see beautiful hedges and sculptures in a large garden. A fountain spurts water through a cherub's mouth into a large swimming pool. The limousine pulls up in front of a giant house. A mansion. Your mouth falls open. It is pure white, with vines crawling up the walls. Large pillars hold up the front of the house, and there are so many glinting windows.

"Welcome to your new home, luv." Louis says from behind you. You spin around, startled by his closeness. Your awe about the house quickly turns into anger at your situation. You turn away angrily.

Niall and Zayn lead you into the house, gripping your arms so you don't run away. Despite your anger, you gape at the gorgeous interior of the house. The ceilings are very high, the floors are very shiny, everything is clean and expensive. The door closes behind you, and you turn to see Harry, Louis, and Liam talking with a butler. Liam holds your suitcase. The butler takes it from him and leaves.

"That's my-" You start to say.

"Tut tut, Y/N." Niall says. "We'll show you your room latuh, roit now we're going to give you a tour of the 'ouse."

The five members of One Direction show you around the house. Your orbs have a lot to take in. Large, extravagant staircases, several living rooms, bathrooms larger than your old bedroom, windows larger than doors, everything seems to be on a larger scale. Finally, you finish touring the house and Zayn brings you to part of the house you haven't seen yet. He leads you up a flight of stairs into a hallway. You enter the first room on the left. Inside is a bed, a dresser, a chair, a mirror, a bedside table with a lamp, a window, and your suitcase.

"This will be your room!" Zayn says.

You don't reply. Anger courses through your body. This is the servant's quarters? You think to yourself.

"Alroit, no need to be so cold abou' it. The other slaves are across the 'all, you can get to know them, and star' working tomorrow." He leaves.

Once you hear him walk down the stairs, you run to your suitcase and unzip it as quickly as possible. Rifling through it, you search for your phone. But it's not there.

"If you're looking for your phone, they probably took it. They wouldn't let you keep it, you'd just call Child Protective Services, or the police."

You spin around. Two foxes are standing in your doorway. One of them wears a green shirt and cap, and the other wears a purple dress and headscarf. They are bright orange, and the sunlight from the window glints off their copper fur. You can see their tails swishing behind them, tipped with soft white fur. Their piercing black orbs shone.

"Who are you?" You ask, in shock.

"I'm Robin Hood," the male fox steps forward, "and this is my girlfriend, Maid Marian." He gestures to the female fox behind him.

"Hello!" Marian says, waving.

"We're the other slaves of One Direction." Robin Hood says.

"Uh, ok, hi."

"What's your name?" Marian asks.

"Y/N."

"What a pretty name!" She says.

"Thanks."

"How old are you, Y/N?" Robin Hood asks.

"17." You say.

"Wow, still a child!"

"We're both 20." Robin Hood says.

"How did you get sold here?" Marian asks. She steps into the room and sits on the chair. You sit on the bed. Robin Hood remains standing.

"Um, my dad found an ad on Craigslist and sold me to get more money for his alcohol problem."

"Wow, that's horrible!" Robin Hood exclaims. "Your own dad selling you!"

Maid Marian looks sympathetically at you from her chair.

"How about you guys?" You ask.

"Well," Robin Hood starts, "we took down the evil prince, who was raising taxes in our town, and got him and the sheriff sent to jail once King Richard returned and realized what was going on. Marian and I were about to get married, when Prince John escaped from prison, murdered the King, and took over the throne. He sent the sheriff after us, and after he captured us, he sold us to One Direction. That was two years ago. We've been here ever since."

"Oh my goodness!" You exclaim. "That's horrible!"

"What can you do?" Marian says sadly. "We thought we were saved when King Richard returned, but we never expected his own brother to escape from jail and murder him!"

"What kind of stuff do you do here?" You ask.

"We do all the things a maid or butler would do, we just don't get paid." Robin Hood says.

"Why don't they just hire maids or butlers?"

"They did, but then they realized that they pay more in the long run for a maid or butler than just buying a slave and not paying them forever. Also, an employee can quit if they feel like they're being treated badly. We can't. There are still some maids or butlers, but only a few."

"Oh." Your happy feeling about making new friends was turning to disgust. "Do you have to do bad stuff?" You ask.

"Nothing, like, really bad, but you have to work around the clock with no pay, and you don't get treated great."

"This is inhumane! Is this even legal?" You ask angrily.

"Probably not, but there's nothing we can do. We're bound under contract, and there's no way anyone can find out and save us." Robin Hood says.

"Can't we escape?"

"There's no way. It's impossible. This place is like a fortress."

"UGH!" You flop down onto the bed. "I'm going to do it anyway! I'm going to escape, this place is horrible, we don't get paid, this is the WORST!"

"It's really impossible, believe us we've tried."

"I don't care! I'm going to do it anyway!" You cover your eyes with your hands.

"Dear, we know this is hard to take in, but it's best if you just do as you're told. It's not terribly bad." Marian says.

You start to cry.

"We should probably leave them alone for a while. Let them get settled." You hear Marian say to Robin Hood.

"It was nice to meet you, Y/N." Robin Hood says. They leave the room and close the door behind them.