Groundwork

Where am I?

Levi was surrounded by Darkness. His body was tied, his back against a hard surface. Suddenly, he started to see images of his family, memories, of them together. Memories he thought were long forgotten. The first time he held his little sister in his arms. The words of his father, 

You are the oldest, you are their protector

He putting a band-aid on his younger brother knee and saying to him, 

See, all better now

The hugs of her mother when he had nightmares sometimes at night. Then...

"No! No! Stop! I don't want to see this!", he screamed but nobody heard him. 

The memories of their torture started to haunt him. Niles punching his younger brother, he could hear his pained screams...

"Stop!", Levi screamed out of the top of his lungs... but nobody heard him...

He saw the moment his brother stopped breathing. He sobbed while looking at it and saying, 

"No...No..."

He saw when they grabbed his little sister by her hair and threw her on top of a table. Between sobs, he yelled, 

"Not this... No please..."

He heard his little sister's screams while she tried to say 'No' repeatedly, as different men abused her.

"Stop... Just kill me...", he said between sobs. 

He felt a whiplash on his back but he couldn't see who was whipping him. 

"Just fucking kill me!", He yelled with his soul. 

Then he heard an echo... it was Hanji's voice, saying, 

"We are losing him!" 

"Let me die! Please! Hanji let me go!", he yelled as he saw the body of his little sister stop breathing. 

-------

Petra arrived back at her house with her hands covered with Levi's blood. Entering the house she saw Oluo, Eld, and Gunther sitting on the couch talking. 

"You are right, there is something that doesn't add up to his story. There is something missing.", Eld said. 

Petra, furiously, walked towards them and stopped in front of Oluo. She slapped him across the face with the same hands she used to cover Levi's chest. Then, with tears she said, 

"I am leaving with Lizzie. I don't want to see you again if you plan to keep this mindset. I will not live in the same house with someone who would murder his own family."

"Is he...?", Eld asked. 

"He is fighting for his life right now.", Petra said while walking towards the closet to get a suitcase. 

Oluo walked towards her and said, "The guys told me his story... I understand... But still... there is something that doesn't add up..."

Petra looked at him angrily and said, "Of course there is still stuff that he hasn't told us! Would you blame him?! He had kept this whole side of him hidden for so much time, of course, there are more secrets! Maybe, he was planning on telling us before you fucking shot shim!"

"I...", Oluo said but Petra cut him short. 

"You what?! That's his personal life! He doesn't have to tell us anything! Whatever he is hiding is not some evil plan! If it was... his last words before he passed out would've been different.", Petra said with tears.