Alive

They had two plans in place for when the baby came, one in case it was during the day, and another one for the night. Mikasa wanted to have a traditional Draconian birth. As a tradition, they had their babies naturally in water. Levi had a property near the bioluminescent bay and had equipped it with all the medical equipment needed in case an emergency occurred.

Since it was night, they called the Draconian leaders and followed through with the night plan of giving birth in a prepared area in the bioluminescent bay. With Gin and Levi's old squad, Amaya ran first to arrive before them to the bay and have everything prepared for their arrival. Hanji stayed with Mikasa and Levi who ran to the back seats of an SUV that Daizen was driving. Mikasa's family and Levi's elite squad were following close behind them. 

An anti-Draconian group outside of the wedding perimeter saw the commotion and heard the rumors of Mikasa being in labor. They followed them for an opportunity to get back at Levi for betraying them.

Inside the car, on their way to the bay, Hanji was monitoring Mikasa's dilation process while guiding her with breathing exercises. Mikasa screamed in pain as another contraction made its way through her.

"You can do this Mikasa.", Levi said.

"Shut up you asshole! This is all your fault!", Mikasa shouted.

"It takes two to make a baby!", Levi shouted back.

"Yes, one gets all the fucking pleasure while the other gets fucked with all the pain!", Mikasa screamed at him.

"It's not like you didn't have any pleasure at all!", Levi shouted back.

"It wasn't worth it! Nope! Not fucking worth it! You put an alien in me! Sex is horrible! I am never doing it again!", she screamed.

"Mikasa, listen to me, try to imitate my breathing.", Hanji said.

Levi looked at Hanji in panic and Hanji started guiding Mikasa through another set of breathing exercises and Levi followed through with her.

"I said, Mikasa! Not you Levi!", Hanji shouted.

"How the fuck should I know! She just said she doesn't want to have sex again, I am fucking panicking here!", Levi shouted.

"Watch your fucking language in front of our fucking child!", Mikasa shouted angrily.

"Do you even listen to yourself!?", Levi shouted back.

The car stopped almost abruptly. They arrived at the closest spot to the bay they could get to by car. It was dark, but they knew these woods like the palm of their hands. This was Holy land, their land, their history. As soon as they got out of the car they started to listen to the howls of the wolves who were far into the woods on their way towards them.

Mikasa's family and Levi's squad got out of their trucks running. Eren, Armin, Annie, and Connie grabbed some of Hanji's medical bags and ran towards the bay. Levi picked Mikasa up and started walking as fast as he could with, Hanji, Daizen, Jean, Sasha, Carla, and Grisha following close behind. Mikasa tightened her arms around Levi's neck with all the strength she could summon into her body at the time.

"It hurts Levi. I don't know if I can do this.", Mikasa said between tears.

"You can, and you will. You are the strongest woman I know. Just think... soon, we will meet our child.", Levi said to her.

Suddenly, Levi and Daizen stopped moving at the same time. Their years of experience in the war had made their senses much sharper than anyone else in the group.