Chapter 18

ANYA SAT ON THEIR BED IN HERuniform, thinking about Rosalind and everything they had learnt

uniform, thinking about Rosalind and everything they had learnt.

She remembered the charred bodies at Aster Dell that day when they had destroyed it, a tear slipping down her cheek as she thought about it.

"You ready love?" Saul asked and Anya looked at him, nodding her head as she stood up. She draped her arms over his shoulders as she looked at him.

"Thank you," she whispered, pulling him into a hug as she buried her head in the crook of his neck.

For a second, she was in her own little world, his scent filling her nose and making her forget everything else. All of the issues went away.

"For what?" He asked with a chuckle, pulling away and brushing a piece of hair away from her forehead.

"Everything, the last twenty five years. I should have told you I loved you sooner," Anya said and he smiled, resting his forehead against hers.

"Me too," he sighed, pressing a kiss to her forehead, "But we have to go kill some Burned Ones,"

He grabbed her hand, dragging her out of the room with a laugh as they rushed towards the cars. She felt like a little school girl, so head over the heels for Saul.

She hopped in the back of one of the three cars, sitting next to Saul as they drove towards the barrier.

It was dark when they arrived, the four of them staring out at the barrier as they mulled over their plan. Farah reached a hand out, touching the barrier.

"Let me see if I can amplify the sounds of the forest," Farah suggested, using her powers to hear the snarling in the woods. "There they are," she announced, her breathing heavy.

She couldn't imagine there being that many Burned Ones out there. Fighting one is had but hundreds, that's even scarier.

Anya watched as Sky and his friend Riven ran over, "You're late," Saul said, a dark undertone to his voice.

"I had to-" Sky started before a large snarl erupted from the forest. Everyone went silent as they hears the echo of snarls.

Anya felt a chill run up her spine as she heard the roads coming from the Burned Ones, indicating that they were close.

"How many of them are there?" Aisha asked as she approached them, Anya looked at her in shock.

"Get back to school! You shouldn't be this close to the barrier," Anya said, looking at her with worry.

This wasn't the place for first year students. She knew that as a student, she was traumatised by witnessing all of the Burned One attacks and didn't want the others to go through that.

"Its no time for extra credit," Saul said, knowing how the kids thought - even though last time, their field trip led them to save his life.

"I'm not looking for extra credit," Aisha said, "I'm here because you need to know what's happening,"

Anya furrowed her brow as she looked at Aisha confused. After Aisha explained everything, they rushed back to the school, knowing that the others were trying to break Rosalind out.

It made Anya feel sick, the idea of Rosalind coming back and bringing all of her bad memories back.

Rosalind couldn't come back, none of them knew the consequences of bringing them back or the issues with it.

☆☆☆

ANYA, FARAH, BEN AND AISHA
rushed into Dowlings office and lo and behold, Terra, Musa and Stella were all standing there.

"You have no idea of the trouble you've caused," Farah said angrily.

"This is really bad girls," Anya said, butig down on her lip and nearly drawing blood as she realised what Rosalind coming back meant.

Their entire lives, Farah had always been bad cop and Anya good cop. That showed very much through the way the two handled this situation.

"We were just trying to find the-" Terra tried to defend but Ben shook his head, interrupting her.

"Not another word! Come with me," he said, raising his voice slightly before walking out of the room.

They all started to walk out, "Hope the brownie points you get from this will keep you company when you have no friends," Stella said bitterly to Aisha.

"No Stella, you have no idea what you've done, the danger you've put us in," she said, shaking her head.

Anya looked at the girls, understanding how it felt to want to prove yourself. She placed a hand on Musas shoulder as she walked past.

Musa looked up at her with a half hearted smile before she kept walking through, Terra behind her.

Farah nodded her head and Aisha followed. Farah and Anya rushed down, hoping to stop Bloom before she managed to free Rosalind.

"Shit!" Anya yelled out as she saw that Rosalind was gone. Farah looked at her shakily.

Her heart was pounding and she was in shock, still not able to wrap her head around the fact that Rosalind was free again.

Bloom had no idea the monstrosity that she had just realised back into the world. Rosalind was one of the worst people that Anya and Farah had ever met.

After all these years, Anya had managed to get over all of the things that Rosalind had put her through mentally and physically - but the scars still lingered.

Anya rubbed her fingers over her temple, her headache appearing as all of her worst dreams came true.

"I'll search the school, I can feel your pain, take a walk, I'll call you if I need you," Farah explained and Anya tried to protest but Farah commanded it.

Farah knew the issues that Anya had had with Rosalind, the way that she'd treated her. Rosalind had always favoured Farah over Anya and it has showed in the way that she had been treated.

1055 words