otto

"Did you lock the door, Knight?"
Elijah asked breaking the comfortable silence.

"I think you know the answer to that Elijah." She knew that he would try to leave without telling her.

"Why?"

"I knew that you would've left Elijah and I couldn't let you leave in the state you're in." After Elijah fell asleep Faith locked the door like she always does, but this time she took the key with her into her bedroom.

"You're clever Knight" Elijah finished his breakfast and got up. He walked over to the sink and put his dirty dishes away. Then he started walking around Faith and whispered in her ear " But don't think that you've figured me out Knight I could've left if I wanted to."

"I know." Of course, she did. He could have easily kicked down her door or even taken the keys from her bedroom.

"You can leave whenever you want Eijah. No one is forcing you to stay. I just wanted to make sure that you weren't gonna die."

"Thank you for your concern, but I don't need it. I'm a grown ass man. Thank you for your help and for the breakfast but I'll be leaving now."

"Wait." Elijah looked at her wait for her to finish her sentence. Give me your phone number." She cringed at the way her question sounded. She just wanted to make sure that he wasn't going to get hurt again.

"Why?" He asked. He had a curious expression on his face.

"So that I can make sure that you won't die." Elijah handed her his phone. He didn't think that she would ever call him or vice versa. He thought that the at least he could do for her was to listen to her. Even if he wouldn't answer her phone calls, if she even called that is.

"Thank you. Call me if you need anything Elijah. Okay. I mean it." And she really did. It wouldn't matter why he called. She would still try to help him.

Elijah gave her an appreciative nod and put on his leather jacket. Faith went to her room and grabbed the key to unlock the door to her apartment. He gave her one last glance before he walked out of her apartment and left.

•••
Hi. New chapter yay. What do you think. Please vote and comment.
Stay safe
-Love Lara
@madeatmidnight0