Chapter 10: Finally

"I'm afraid he'll come back. Will you stay with me tonight?"

Kageyama stiffened, wondering if Hinata meant what he thought he just implied. "Yes, I'll stay if you want me to," he answered cautiously. And damn it, I'll keep my hands off you too, he promised himself.

But Hinata had a different idea and he was determined to get his way. He had just poured his heart out and Kags had accepted him unconditionally. He had actually been there when Hinata needed him – something he could not say for anyone else. Even as he had panicked and felt desperate for some way out of the situation with Kobayashi, he had hoped, or maybe knew in his heart, that Kageyama would come. And he had appeared, looking both handsome as fuck and positively lethal as he stood in the doorway. Hinata knew he could trust Kageyama, rely on him, and that fact almost made him burst with joy. Kageyama was kind and gentle and made him happy. And Hinata was crazy about him.

Kageyama was leaving town tomorrow, so Hinata knew he would not get another chance. He made his decision. Tonight he would not worry about Kobayashi, about Natsu, about money. He would not worry about all of the things he could not change. Tonight, he would not think, he would only feel.

He reached up to run a hand over Kageyama's chest. "Kageyama?"

"Mmmm?"

"Are you hungry for dinner?"

"No, not really. Seeing that bastard and hearing what he did to you has ruined my appetite."

"What should we do?"

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"No, not really," Hinata cooed as he moved his hand up toward Kageyama's neck and ear.

Kageyama suddenly got the impression that he knew where this conversation was going, and he was determined not to let Hinata make such a rash choice in the wake of such emotional turmoil.

"Um. Want to go out somewhere?"

"No, I feel like staying home."

"Oh."

"Kageyama, I think I'm ready now."

Kags suddenly became very still. Shit. He knew exactly what Hinata meant, and he didn't think he had ever wanted something so badly, but he reiterated to himself that the redhead had just been through hell. Kageyama decided to play dumb.

"Ready for what?"

"Ready. For you."

Kags swore his gulp was audible. "Shit, Hinata. I can't believe I'm going to say this. As much as I appreciate the offer, and fuck yeah, do I appreciate it, I can't let you jump into that situation now. You have been through a lot tonight. You are not thinking clearly. I can't possibly take advantage of that."

Hinata sat up to look at him. Those large brown eyes were pinning his with such intensity Kageyama thought to himself he wouldn't be able to tear his gaze away even if he wanted to. "I know exactly what I am doing. You wouldn't be taking advantage of me," replied Hinata softly.

The look of determination on Hinata's face began to chip away at Kageyama's resolve. Shit, he thought yet again.

Hinata was going to make damn sure he got what he wanted. He knew Kags wanted to treat him like a fragile doll, but that was not what he needed tonight. He moved to his knees and straddled Kageyama, sitting on his lap.

Kageyama looked at him nervously. "Um, what are you doing?"

"I'm making you an offer you can't refuse," he said with a small, sexy smile right before he put his hands on the taller boy's shoulders and began to kiss him passionately.