Chapter 6: Plan B

"Don't worry Y/N. We'll think of something."

For a split second, the warmth of Skipp's smile melted your worries away. Your tears started to slow, and you felt breath return to your lungs.

"Thank you." you softly spoke.

"It's no problem buddy."

Skipp snapped his head to both Stone and Vinnie, waiting for a non-existent cue.

Vinnie stared blankly at him, "What?..."

Skipp ran up to his friends like he had the most genius idea! "Let's think of something!"

At this, Vinnie outraged, "What?!"

   But that didn't stop that ray of sunshine from pleading your case. "Come on you guys! I know we can help Y/N out somehow."

Vinnie was not having it.

"Skipp, buddy, I love you, but-"

"I love you too Vinnie!"

"No- okay. Listen. This, is the rich kid's problem. Not ours. I want that money, but we're not just gonna fix someone else's problem for them."

  "What if we don't have to fix the problem for Y/N?"

Now it was your turn to ask questions,

"What?" You stood there, staring at Skipp with confusion. You had a feeling you didn't like where this was going.

   "You can help us earn your money back!"

Skipp threw his arms in the air as if he was waiting for applause, but he was only met with crickets. In what way could you help them earn the money back? Setting up a lemonade stand?

   It seemed Vinnie was in the same boat as you. "I'm not following ya."

"Y/N can help us out with our schemes! That way, we don't have to pick up this mess ourselves. Y/N can earn that $50, and we get an extra pair of helping hands! We also get a new best friend out of it! So whaddya say?" 

   For once you, Stone, and Vinnie were in agreement. And that was to disagree with Skipp.

For one, you've had enough excitement to last a lifetime. Staying out all night and lying to your parents was rebellious enough! Now you were expected to commit crimes with acquaintances?!

  For two, Vinnie didn't really trust you at the start. And now, she REALLY doesn't trust you. This was their chance for something to actually work out, and you blew it big time! How can she know that you won't mess up everything else?

  And for three, Stone wanted nothing to do with this. All you reminded him of was unpleasant memories. He knows it's not your fault. But that didn't make him care any less.

If there's any opportunity to run away from his problems, he'll take it without a second thought. And right now, he had the opportunity to shove this reminder as far away as possible. 

  But then again...

   When were you able to truly live? When did you ever feel like that you had a friend? You didn't want to get rid of that chance.

And where else was Vinnie going to find help from a rich kid of all people? Things weren't working out with just the three of them, and another cog in the scheme machine didn't sound too bad of an idea.

And what could Stone do at all? If he knew his friends, whatever they said was final. He'd be dragged along whether he liked it or not.

    "Guys?" You looked up at Skipp, who was waiting for an answer. Vinnie turned to Stone with a silent plea for help.