Chapter 10: Moving Right Along

You were done.

Without a second thought, you picked up your feet and started walking.

"Hey! Where ya goin'?" Vinnie yelled after you, but you didn't care anymore.

  Without slowing down, you answered.

  "I'm done."

  "What?!!" Vinnie couldn't believe what she was hearing.

   And frankly, neither could Skipp. "What do you mean you're done?"

   You turned to face them with conviction.

  "I'm saying that this," you gestured between the three of you, "was a mistake."

   Vinnie retorted, "Oh come on! It was just some dumb outfit-"

    "No! You don't understand! That dumb outfit was helping me keep this secret. Without that dumb outfit, I'm busted. That means no money for you, and no life for me. And I would much rather end this now, while I still have a pulse."

   You started on your way again, determined to leave for good. But a frazzled Vinnie blocked your exit, trying to think of something to say.

   "Aw come on! You don't mean that do you? We made a deal!"

  You didn't listen as you pushed past her, and forced yourself to march right out of those slums. You walked for a good few minutes while the gang was trying to corral you back into their corner.

But for the first time, you listened to yourself.

There was no way this could turn out for the better. No way on Earth that your clothes could magically reappear-

CRASH!

All four of your heads turned to the conundrum. What quickly followed, were curses being strung together as if it were a pearl necklace.

Skipp being the good soul that he was, hurried to the noise to see whoever was in trouble.

Vinnie and Stone naturally rushed after him.

And while you were on a mission, you didn't want Skipp to get hurt by whatever made that noise. You ultimately decided that your "sorta-friend" was more important at the moment.

Running through the streets, you followed the sound of Skipp's voice.

"You okay buddy? That sounded like it hurt!"

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine. I just need to hurry along."

Wait a minute... why did that voice sound familiar? You only knew four people in this whole town. Unless it was...

You rounded the corner where the trio was and,

Lo and Behold!

Skipp was helping none other, than the guy that almost shanked you your first night here!!!

You stood in shock. Completely at a loss. What could you possibly do in this situation??!! And of course of all people Skipp was helping him!

Today was just not your day.

"D'aw I'm sorry! Here, let me help ya out."

Skipp yanked the street kid's arm and helped him on his feet. He also happened to notice that the street kid had a crusty, burlap sack next to him.

"Huh. That's weird..."

Your "sorta-friend" gingerly picked up the sack.

     "Hey Y/N! This sorta looks like your..." Skipp studied your worried expression. "Bag..."