Chapter 5

Y/N POV

Just then I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder startled I turned to face this person. It was Kuroo he was smiling at us before letting out a hearty chuckle. He then spoke in a cheerful tone "Hey why don't We all go to that Café?" I quickly nodded at his suggestion thankful for not having to side with anyone tonight.

I glanced up at kuroo and he winked at me while giving the thumbs up. I held back my laughter at this point he was trying to help me I flashed him a small thankful smile. I saw him stiffen a bit in surprise but then quickly began to call the rest of the team over. I glanced over my shoulder to see Lev jumping up and down I'm guessing at the thought of cake. Next to him Fukunaga and kai staring at him like he was a mad man.

I then felt eyes on me so I quickly turned around to see kenma staring at me I looked around to see Yamamoto being dragged off by Yaku and Kuroo. I flinched and spoke in a soft tone "So lead the way?" Kenma nodded and began to walk towards the corner. Following behind him was myself and me rambunctious team.

I couldn't have felt happier to have them as the team I was working with even as friends I mean what could go wrong? Correction a lot of things could go wrong.

Next day Y/N POV Flashback:

Last night everything kinda was crazier than I had expected. When we all arrived at the cafe Lev practically intimidated the waitress asking why she was such a tiny poor girl. Fukunaga and Teshiro were extremely hard to order for. As Fukunaga spoke very little but even so he cracked a few jokes here and there while Teshiro was stiff and awkward.

But Yamamoto was being extremely loud the owner thought he was a thug and almost kicked us out. Inuoka and Shibayama were chanting Cake. Yaku was looking at me with an apologetic expression as Kuroo did his hyena laugh which still startles me.

But the only well behaved well quiet one was Kenma as he hadn't said a word besides when Kuroo started to annoy him. But even so that whole evening wasn't to bad but there was one event I could have gone without.

As they were eating their cake I went to to the bathroom to ease my nerves. I didn't necessarily feel too comfortable eating in front of others but I still wanted to try the sweets here or at least a drink.

After I came out the bathroom I locked eyes with a guy he stared at me before flashing a extremely friendly smile. I scanned him a bit he had bright big eyes like a predator a muscular built and hair like an owl with frosted tips. He broke eye contact with me and walked up to our table.

I hesitantly approached our table and saw him and a boy with gun metal eyes, dark hair chatting with Kuroo and kenma. I froze feeling a bit awkward I looked at their uniform it definitely wasn't from Nekoma maybe Karsuno or inarizaki?.. No that's not it. I shrugged it off and stood by the table glancing at kuroo and kenma hoping for an explanation.

Kuroo quickly took notice of me and said "Akaashi Keiji and Owl meet our new manager Y/n." I smiled at them before speaking "Its nice to meet you." Kuroo smirked slightly before continuing "They're from Fukordani and came over here because Bird brain over there wanted to try this café." Akaashi sighed "I didn't feel like dealing with his emo mode tonight so I agreed to go with since the other assholes bailed on us."

I felt confused Bird brain? Owl? Emo mode? Heck I didn't even know this mans name. So hoping to clear some things up I looked up at the owl boy expecting anything but the reaction he gave me like a name but..

This Bird boy his cheeks were a flushed scarlett color while he had a dazed look in his eyes. I felt taken back what's wrong with this boy I questioned if this boy was okay. But what came out his mouth next I could have never expected in my life.

Y/n he stuttered please be my girlfriend! He said with a hopeful glint in his eyes. A deadly silence fell upon the table cake fell out of Levs mouth Kuroo choked on his water and kenma dropped his game system. I felt heat rise to me cheeks as I choked out the words "What?"

Y/n POV End of flashback

I groaned sitting on the benches at practice thinking about the other days events. I was so confused on why he had said that but after he did Akaashi smacked him on the back of the head while apologizing repeatedly. The boys name was Bokuto Koutarou I learned as they began to leave.

What a strange boy I sighed he must have been joking with me how cruel.. I was so immersed in my thoughts I didn't notice kenma had sat down next to me and was playing on his phone silently. After fridays confession incident Kenma has been by my side a lot I think he feels bad his friend pulled that joke or something.

But honestly I enjoy his company we may not talk much but its soothing to have him around also fun too. Especially when Lev is annoying him it's the funniest thing.

Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder it was kenma he was offering his phone to me. I blinked in surprise as he usually doesn't let anyone touch his games or phone seeing how kuroo got a volleyball ball to the face and lev one straight to the groin.

He must have saw I was down and wanted to cheer me up so I cracked a smile and thanked him before taking the phone. He then headed back to the court to play the next set. I scanned through the different games and found one that caught my eye it was an otome game? Why would kenma have this on his phone? I shrugged clicked on it and began playing.

10 minutes into playing it I was enjoying the game. It didn't sit like a regular otome game it dealt with magic knights nobles honestly it was pretty awesome. I had randomly picked a character they looked very similar to Kenma but I continued playing.

Just then I saw a shadow loom over me it was kenma again but instead of his usual exhausted or I'm so done with you expressions he wore a very flustered one. I blinked a bit confused at his reaction then remember what I was playing and flushed too.

I quickly handed him back his phone and hid my face behind my hand in embarrassment. I stuttered "That was a great game where can I download it?" I got silence. Scared that I offended him I glanced up to see him blushing while looking away whispering " it's a game I've been developing."

I quickly jumped up in surprise before unknowingly saying "What?! Its amazing!" I continued to ramble on "The grafics are incredible and the plot isn't only about the Ml and FL I love it also the villain isn't completely detes.." I jolted and quickly covered my mouth before apologizing "Sorry I got carried away ."

I looked up expecting to see a look of disgust but instead I saw Kenma smiling with a warm look. I felt warmth spread through my chest. Kenma then smiled and said "I'm glad you like it when its finished I'll let you be the first to play it."

I brightened at that piece of information before nodding excitedly. "I can't wait!" I beamed. Just then coach Nekomata called kenma back over as he walked away I felt something tugging in my chest but I liked this feeling very much.

Authors note

Once again I apologize for the note so often updates I'm doing finals currently so I've been swamped with school work. Also heres a small little kenma piece I did lol I hope you like it.

 Also heres a small little kenma piece I did lol I hope you like it