Diluc x Reader | Watching you fall for her...

An: Angst :)
so "her" is Jean
I literally couldn't think of anything then "Heather" by Conan Gray came up on my playlist so here we are. Pls I'm so sorry if this is cringe

Italics = flashbacks in this
_________________

Y/n and Diluc had been friends for years. They met when they were children.

A child wandered through Mondstadt and had walked out the gates. They continued their path, getting lost. The child was surrounded by the forest that enveloped them. "Mom..! Dad....!.." the child screamed out. No voice responded. The child began to cry. Their cries echoing in the forest, birds flying away. "Hey are you alright?!" A young boys voice echoed in their ears. The boy ran towards the child. He patted their head softly. "Hey it's gonna be alright. I'm Diluc and I will help you!" Diluc gave them a warm and welcoming smile. "Diluc!" Called out a man's voice. "Yes father?" "Come now, we don't want to be late." Diluc took your hand reassuringly and led you out of the forest to where Master Crepus waited. "Oh my, who might this young one be?" He said. "...y/n." Spoke the child. "You have a very unique name y/n!" Diluc said, giving another smile. "How about me and Diluc take you back home?" Master Crepus said, reassuringly. Y/n nodded.

Time seemed to fly so quickly because now here they were, watching Diluc having a first date with Jean. Diluc asked y/n to keep the area protected from potential danger to which they said yes because that's what friends do....right? They protect eachother. But then why did it hurt so badly when they saw them together?

"We can be together until the end y/n!"

.
.
.

They couldn't help but shed a tear to which they brushed off. Is this...jealousy? But why....we're just friends... Diluc looked so happy when he was with Jean. Jean looked happy too. They were perfect for eachother. They were like...soulmates. Y/n's heart ached just knowing how perfect they were. Just staring at Jean's place to which they wanted to replace with themselves so badly.

Diluc and Jean had seemingly finished their date and he offered to walk her back to hq. Y/n took this opportunity to walk away to their home to forget everything. Yet each step they took away from Mondstadt gave them a painful memory.

"Y/n let's have our turtles have a date with Jean's too!"

.
.
.
.
.

"Hey...it's gonna be alright! Don't be sad."

.
.
.
.

"Y/n, I've become an official knight of favonius."

.
.
.
.

Oh how happy he made you feel. But you couldn't return it back to him. Their feet lead them back to their home where they closed the door. Their body slid down the door, face pouring with tears. They didn't stop no matter how hard they tried. Their heart felt like it was torn apart into a million pieces of a puzzle just waiting to be solved.

Knock knock. Y/n quickly wiped their tears and got up to open the door. They opened the door and behind it was Diluc. He looked happy but there was a hint of concern in his face when yhe saw your tear stained cheeks.
"Is everything alright Y/n?" "Yes, everything is alright." They replied, cursing themselves in their mind for the small crack in their voice.
"Alright if you say so. I came by to thank you for protecting the area. Everything went smoothly and Jean and I are now official." Diluc said smiling. Those words hurt more than anything to hear him say.

Y/n looked up at him and gave him the first forced smile. "I'm glad you're happy with her." Diluc looked back at you and gave you the last genuine smile you'd see.

"I'm heading back to the winery now, take care and stay safe Y/n."
"You too, be safe."

Diluc turned around as y/n watched his figure dissappear with the wind.

____________

That's it :) it's cringe I know I wrote this late at night and didn't bother looking over it again tonight

Take care of yourselves and have a good day, night, afternoon:)