Chapter 1 - The Ballroom's Sounds

Canterella
-Our lines of sight intersect within this closed world.
Although you play dumb, I can almost feel 
your infatuation -

Chattering could be heard bouncing off the large walls of the ballroom. Certain girls in large, frilly dresses giggled at the charming and handsome men, lightly holding their hands and kissing them lightly.

The charming atmosphere was always slightly intimidating to the young prince of the place. There seemed to be such an expectation to uphold in these fancy parties. He never felt comfortable flirting with the pretty women of the ballroom, especially when they were wed or also offput at first.

The light haired boy went to bite his nails and hands in stress, but felt his gloves instead. Frustrated, he mumbled to himself at the wall he was facing, adorned with intricate carvings and designs.

His anxious demeanor was soon washed away suddenly when he heard the familiar voice of his father, calling out to him. He flinched up from his state and turned around, quickly giving a warm smile, letting his long, curly brown hair flow behind him.

"Apologies, I was-"
"Distracted, yes, I could see."
The firm way his father spoke to him, quickly changed his plastered on smile to a wide eyed boy, who fidgeted with his fingers at his sides. He couldn't show his nervousness infront of his many guests. He'd surely get punished for that twice as hard as he would normally..

He tried to distract his racing mind by looking over the many well dressed people. Endearing men in suits and lavish outfits, women in large skirts and exaggerated hairstyles. The sight brought his mind to fantasize. Oh the experience of being courted by a well suited men or lovely maiden..

He brought his eyes back up to his father's slightly cold gaze, feeling himself tense up. His thoughts were interupted by that familiar stern tone.

"Why don't you go onto the floor instead of sitting in the corner?"
Though his words sounded more as a command than a request. The still slightly shaken boy nodded and smiled,
"Of course. I'll.. go do that.."

His eyes went back to the crowded ballroom and that feeling of fear and anxiety set back in. He swallowed the lump of fear in his throat and swiftly made his way to a slightly less crowded area of the floor. Before he could take a breath and settle in, a naturally beautiful, dark haired girl came up to him and gave a warm smile. She adorned a fluffy dress with a lovely pink and simple patterened train and overcoat. Her hair was short and neatly tied in a tail on the sides.

"Ah, Prince Malachi. May I request a dance with you?"
Taken aback, the male cleared his throat and nervously held a hand out to girl and nodded,
"A-ah..! Y-Yes, you may.."
A part of him felt odd. Most people liked his name and that's what gave him an advantage. Being able to danced with the prince of the kingdom.

He could only focus on smiling at the girl he was gently holding, swaying around the ballroom, and the music playing. He distracted his racing thoughts by humming to the beautiful and slow piano and violin. In situations like these, he had never been more glad to have a live concert playing. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see more women forming. He could only take a deep breath, praying they weren't waiting for him.

The girl and prince parted ways, leaving him alone in the middle of the crowd. Almost on cue, 2 women came for him, holding out their hand and smiling at him. Called it...
He was hesitant, but didn't show it, simply grabbing the gloved hand of a women and walking to an area, knowing he'd be back for the other..

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Malachi's legs were slightly weak and his eyes grew heavy. Looking out of one of the high windows, he could see nothing but a sky of stars and the illuminating light of the moon. It had been too long.. All he could hope is that guests would start leaving soon.
After guiding the last women to a dance, he pressed himself against a wall and let out a deep sigh, burying his face in his gloved hands. The dark haired girl from earlier came up to him and smiled, holding the sides of her dress and bowing.

"Your highness , it was a pleasure dancing with you tonight. I wish to share the floor again with you soon."
Though it sounded forced, the prince, mentally and physically exhausted, gave a weak smile back and nodded.
"As would I.."

He watched as the girl walked away, shuffling out of the large doors of the room. Seeing that the well dressed men from before were leaving aswell, he let out a sigh of relief. He walked up to his mother, in a long, yet classy dress and excused himself. Quickly, he peered around the hallways for remaining guests. When he found no one lingering, he made his way to the first room he saw.

All he could hear were his footsteps in the empty palace. It always made him paranoid, but he brushed off those thoughts as he unbuttoned his long wine red overcoat. He let it hang over his arms, not bothering to take it off as he leaned over the open balcony overlooking the garden. The ledge was overgrown with rose vines and beautiful flowers adorning it's edges. He looked out, seeing only the moonlight shining out on the garden.

Realizing his state, he hummed the tune of the violin he had remembered previously, closing his eyes and letting himself go slightly and sighing deeply.