Chapter 9 - A Prince's Affairs

- Romeo -
I know it’s a sudden request, but I beg you not be surprised,
Won’t you please become my princess? -

The soft feeling of the girl's gloved palm in his made this feeling of adrenaline all the more foreign.

He found it adorable how she still worried of her dresses condition, holding it up as she ran behind him with her free hand. His hand gripped hers, trying to be careful as to not throw her, yet still keeping steady pace as they ran over the gravel.

"My steed couldn't have gotten far your highness, just a little more!"

As if on command, this aforementioned steed came into view in the near distance. A smile spread on boy's face, the princesses showing slight exhaustion.

Carefully, the heir slowed to a halt and scaled up the dark horse, adjusting himself in the reins once more.

The princess was catching her breath and looked up at him in internal panic and confusion.

"Ha, fear no more princess, I promise I'll be careful." He extended his hand to her and gave a reassuring smile.

At the words from the boy, with one breath of determination, she rose up the steed, taking his hand in hers and tried to make herself steady on the animal.

With a glance back at the girl, her face filled with nervousness and fear, he took her hands and gently put them around his waist.

"Don't worry about anything okay? I'll take care of it all, so just hold tight."

Burying her face into his back in embarrassment, the noblesse did as instructed and held his clothing, stress lingering in her touch.

The prince took notice and swiftly unbuttoned his overcoat, throwing and catching it with his free hand before looking behind them.

In the near distance, the image of dozens of guards came into view. Some with cavalry while some stayed on foot, brandishing lances and catchers. It seems they had planned accordingly.

His majesty however internally clashing his outward emotions, gave a rare, confident smile through the anxieties.

Casting another look at the still worried girl, he drapped his great coat over her shoulders. The warmth and clichéness of the situation instantly affected her and the girl felt herself melt under the affection.
Her worries had dwelled and she felt her touch loosen around the boy's waist.

Her face flushed when the feeling of the boy's hand on hers. He gave a nod to her, her mental cue to hold on abit tighter.

She squeezed her eyes close and pushed into his back, bracing for whatever would happen.

"My feelings will not be repressed. We'll run so far my-"
"Take me out my Romeo, far enough to be scolded!"

The twos hushed words resonated with them, their hearts pounding even faster than before. It felt like fate, like in that moment, they were meant to be together.

With one quick tug and whip of the halter, the horse readied itself for a different kind of run it was used to.

Without looking back, his devotion too overwhelming to fear anymore, he ordered to hurry.

A yelp could be heard from behind him, along with the orders of the calvary and guards. His heartbeat was barely able to drown out the sounds of growing galloping behind him.

Where he had arrived was a straight forward stride. But suddenly, he took a sharp right into the forest where they had previously had one of their illicit date.