Chapter 3 - Let Us Resonate

- Alien Alien -
The lost two make contact, and my heart learned of love

After a short amount of stunned silence, the princess spoke,
"I know what you're thinking, 'why me?'- I mean, I just came and chose.. the worst princes in the land deciding to court someone like you.

"I-I can't even hold a dance and I want you to run away.. I don't even know who you are!-"

For the prince, he had enough courage to make up his mind, yet once he had gotten his sentence out, his cool demeanor shattered like a vase. Internally, he was dying. Holding in his mental breakdown, he continued.

"But oh princess," He stammered,
The pale eyed trespasser spoke with a smile,
"I am royalty sworn to someone, yet I keep having doubts for you."

He placed a finger his lips, making the stunned princess flush a dark shade of pink
"It's a secret, so keep it between us two."

"Regarding what I said first, I get it. I too feel insecure about our poor experience as a princess and or to-be-king,"

Juliet defeatedly felt a pang shoot through her heart. For some reason, hearing what she told himself by another person hurt alot more.

"But that's the exciting part, isn't it?"
The prince's eyes shone with excitement at the mere mention of it, grabbing the girl's hands and smiling with anticipation.

"That's why I want to run away with you. T-hink about it now.."

And she did. Juliet thought of it, especially the day before. It would be something new, running from her stress as a princess, her father, her feelings.

The prince however, would leave the second princess he'd sworn his heart to. She was one he wanted to rescue, someone he wanted to sweep of their feet and take them so far away, they'd scold him.
But now, the feeling this new princess has experiencing put her in a new spot. In her shoes this time. And she would be the one taken away. Exactly how she had dreamed for it.

Despite the fantasy of the situation, the princess could not help but fear many things.

What would her family think of her falling falling for a different family's prince? She wasn't even allowed out without supervision, how would she explain such a thing? How did he even manage to find her?

And this second princess he's spoken of. She was partially aware of her family's need to manually arrange an heir to the kingdom. The mention of the girl gave her heart an odd, sinking feeling. 

Watching the princess think, so deep in thought she had spaced out of the current situation entirely, the prince let out a nervous smile and gently released her hands from his grasp.

Cautiously, he turned behind him to check for his horse and guardsmen which would surely be on watch so late at night. He could feel fear rise in his core, his hands beginning to shake, leading him to rest his hands on the windowsill. Newfound cnfidence was once again replaced with reality, the adrenaline having worn off at his predicament.

He returned his gaze back at the princess, staring longingly in the night sky, the coolness of the moonlight reflecting her features perfectly. The way her face was so focused in her own head, her eyes darting back and forth as if a movie were playing above her head. It brought an odd sense of ease to the boy. It was similar to the feeling the portrait princess gave him.

At the realization, the prince flushed and turned back to the scenery. He admired the row of lovely flowers along the balcony's rail.

It reminded him of the ones his castle's garden he used to look at when he was younger. The gardener took well care of then, warning the boy to refrain from touching them as to avoid damage.
Though occasionally, they would let him gently pet the petals, the soft feeling of the flower between his fingers and palms was such a comforting feeling to him.

"Ah! I'm so sorry..!"
The princesses voice echoed from the small castle opening. Her expression was hard to make out in the dark, yet it was clear her face was red.

Her embarrassed demeanor was soothed by the nervous biting of her hands and fingers. The prince, who was guilty of this bad habit aswell, nervously yet quickly held her wrists again to prevent her.

"I-It's okay my lady. It seems fun though, is it not? Personally, it'd- be great to get this chance with someone like you.."
He wanted to admit all she's done. How much of his head she has occupied since the ball. It was almost overwhelming, where he could rarely think of anything but her face and the feeling he felt when he danced with her.

There's no real way a prince could fall for someone so fast, he logiclized. There was no way. Then again, he did fall for the princess in the portrait purely based on tales told by mouth and that single still painting. With that thought, he worried. He worried he would be abandoning the princess destined for his family and his love for her.

But his feelings for the girl infront of him were much more overwhelming already. He almost wanted to cry. It seemed unfair how fast she had cast this spell on him. He was dragged to a gathering, forced to dance and accidentally fell for someone so fast.

He felt frustrated and upset but at the same time, confused. He couldn't possibly feel the same way he fell in love.

Suddenly, he heard a voice. Not from the princess, but inside her room's hallway. His thoughts were overrun with immediate fear as he squeezed her hands.

The girl aswell turned to him and gave a small, quick smile, motioning him to leave.
"Ah- you should hurry. I promise I'll consider. Goodnight prince Malachi..!"

Hesitant, he nodded and was careful leaping down, slightly pondering how his rush let him get so high so fast. Mounting his dark horse, practically invisible in the night, he turned back to the sill of the princess.

Seeing her eyes plastered to him, he gave a smile and waved at her, before riding back to his horse's post, far beyond the field and forests that separated the two.

"Come back for me, my romeo."
The princess muttered as her smile faded and she turned to close her window for the night. She let out a long, heavy sigh as she plopped in her large, now empty feeling bed. Throwing off her nightgown she wore before bed, she layed down, turning on her stomach. She could only hug the pillows on her bed and fantasize of what would happen next.