Chapter 2 - Common Stars

Charles
- I'll allow my heart to be unfilled
And how it would be if I would fill my heart with deep blue someday? -

After the strange encounter with the girl in his mind, Malachi was left flustered and dazed. How did she manage to get into such an event as a passerby? Another bad thing was that he felt so to another girl, atleast he thinks.

He had already sworn his heart to the princess he's seen overseas, the one he was set to marry, but his feelings started to conflict him.

Though now that he thought, they looked like they could be related..

He shook his head and quickened his pace to his room on another flight of stairs. His racing mind and all of the possible outcomes sent shivers down his spine and he cringed before he started running up the stairs.

Before he could think of anything else, he found his door, throwing himself inside and slamming the door, sliding down the cold wall and sighing.

There was so much going on, he couldn't focus. Oh.. wait.. the 5-4-3-2-1 game his mother showed him.. that helped him alot. He pulled off his gloves and began to bite the skin on his fingers, his gaze darting around the room. His eyes eventually landed on a beautiful painted portrait of a girl.

The girl had short, streaked yet dark hair. Her expression was trainquil, yet bubbly. A small smile layed her face and her shallow pink reddish eyes made his heart beat abit slower. Seeing the princess put his heart at ease. His face turned a slight shade of pink but he smiled back at the painting. His smile faded slowly as he had remembered the girl who danced with him that day.

Perhaps she was another princess..? But why would he be so close to the kingdom? It was so far from other domains.. even so, why did she look like an average? Her soft brown eyes were the only thing he could remember, along with the warmth of her hands.

Eventually, he took off his coat and dress up clothes, laying in his large, now seemingly empty bed. He turned on his stomach, trying to calm his thoughts. What was he going to do tommorow? Ask about her? Find her again? Will she come back?

Soon enough, he burned himself out and drifted to sleep.
Tommorow's another day.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

In a confused daze, Malachi woke up, his long, dark hair splayed on the bed around him. Seemingly in a rush, he got up and stretched, quickly fixing his appearance and running out to the main lobby. He hoped he wouldn't be late for his morning attendance.

Though worn out from his run, he presented himself to his heigher ups. He let out a long, exhale, which attracted the attention of his mother.

"What are you upset about? You seemed to be having fun last night with all those princesses."

"O-of course, just tired is all."
He ran his hands thru his hair and fidgeted with his ungloved hands.

As much as he wished he would put it aside, what if that girl was really a princess? What if she was after him and could endanger more than him? He felt his cheeks get hot again and he excused himself back upstairs.

This is all felt like a twisted fairytale. In a weird way, he wished for that Romeo to come back to take her away. So far they'd scold us if we returned.

With all these feelings, his emotions made up his mind wholeheartedly.
Without saying a word, he made his way from the back castles exit, making a detour to the stalls of horses his family had.

✧・゚: ✧・゚:    :・゚✧:・゚✧

Quietly, the princess made her way to the balcony overseeing the lovely view of the moon illuminated yard infront of the castle. Resting herself on the sill and being infatuated with the pure red of the roses growing around the barrier she asked to add, she lightly felt the petals.

She looked back at the fenced in area, where she saw men exit and enter the kingdom. What she was waiting for seemed fictional.

The prince or someone to come sweep her away. Yet, nothing seemed to be damaged, so she let it go and turned around to leave back to her bed.

A gradual, thumping noise noise caught hee attention, and without even turning around, her face went red. She clenched her hands and turned around, his cheeks flushing at the oddly familiar sight of stallion horse and prince boy.
How did he manage to find a such a princess so locked away..?

Her eyes darted everywhere, her heart rate speeding at the calm smile the boy worn. 
The owner of the smile had short, slightly curly muted brown hair. Black gloves and a long overcoat were other prominant features Juliet could quickly make out.

"Hold on, don't run please-"

The choice of words sent the anxious princess into a state of shock. Her previous flustered demeanor had been quickly turned to a startled, racing mess of anxiety. If she were to die, it would be now.

The prince, abandoning his horse below, swiftly leaped over the balcony's barrier and inched closer to the brunette princess, grabbing a hold of the girls's wrist. Before she could think, the prince spoke.

"I want you to run away with me."