Chapter 21 - "It's pretty selfish!"

Atarah was walking down the street with Edmund and Eustace, they were headed to Granny's to get some breakfast. Caspian, Kol, and Benjamin were all meeting them there, the others were still at her house either asleep or because they didn't want to go get breakfast at Granny's.

"Do they do any good food at this Granny's?" Eustace asked her. "Because I absolutely hate the food we ate-" he was saying when they heard a scream. "What was that?" He asked as he whirled round to look at her.

"Well," Atarah spoke slowly as ahead she saw Emma and Charming get out a truck. "I think someone screamed!" They heard the scream again.

"Let's go!" Edmund said as he ran off in a direction, and Atarah and Eustace shared a look, before they ran after him. They easily caught up and when they all arrived they saw a shadow up in the air, taking Blue's shadow. Atarah froze on her spot and looked up at the shadow in utter shock, as everyone else rushed towards Blue.

"She's gone!" David breathed.

"Why would the shadow kill her?" Tinkerbell asked as she turned to face Emma, looking for an answer.

"How exactly did the shadow kill her?" Eustace questioned.

"No idea, love." Hook told the fairy. "But I do know the Shadow only takes orders from one person." Atarah's heart raced as she listened to the conversation, and she slowly began to walk away from them all.

"Pan." Emma said softly, before she looked towards Atarah. Atarah stared back at her, but she stayed silent.

Within minutes, Regina arrived with Henry. "What the hell happened?" Regina questioned as she stood before Blue's covered body. Atarah looked down at Blue's body, and wrinkled her nose slightly.

"The shadow." David informed the woman. "It killed her."

"Pan's shadow?" Regina asked. "I trapped it on the sail!"

"Yeah, well, it got free."

"Hook, let's go back to the ship and get the candle." Neal suggested. "If it strikes again, we need to be able to capture it." Tinkerbell and Hook then followed after Neal, and Atarah pushed some hair behind her ear.

She decided it would be best if she was to just not get involved with this, she had brothers and friends to meet at Granny's anyways. Atarah caught Edmund and Eustace's gaze, and gestures to them that they were leaving. "Pan's behind this, I know it!" Emma told them all.

The three of them began to leave, until both Regina, Emma and all the others caught up to them. "Where are you going?" Emma questioned them, and they turned and faced Atarah, but Eustace and Edmund stayed silent.

"We're leaving, obviously." Atarah told her. "It's clear you don't want my help with anything anymore. Besides, I have brothers and friends to meet at Granny's." They went to leave.

"But you'd tell us if you knew anything about Pan and his shadow, wouldn't you?" Regina questioned her, and Atarah only gave the woman a dirty look, before she began to wonder where Judas was.

"How would I know anything about Peter?" Atarah questioned them. "Because he's dead. You killed him, didn't you?" Atarah noticed their expressions become tense, and Atarah's eyes landed on Snow, and saw that she simply was looking very nervous and looked anywhere but at Atarah, and Henry was staring right at her - it unnerved her slightly. Atarah then walked off with Eustace and Edmund and headed to Granny's.

When she arrived, and took a seat with her friends and family, she began to wonder why they were acting as if Pan were here, in this very town. Especially since they had killed him and left his body on the island. "Atarah?" Caspian whispered from beside her as he nudged her.