Half-Masked Demon Slayer

*DRIP* *DROP*

Cold liquid rushed down your arm while you laid colorless on the hardwood floor. A pounding in your head grew stronger and stronger with each faint breath you took. Each muscle in your body was tense and ached.

*DRIP* *DROP*

It was cold, too cold for your body to handle. The chimes that hung from the door rang softly yet loudly in your ears. Liquid seeped in through your kimono and to your skin underneath. You brought your eyebrows to a light furrow as you found it difficult to even breathe let alone move the tiniest muscle.

*DRIP* *DROP*

With a faint, painful exhale, you peeked open your eyes to the bright white snow. Your vision was in and out of blurriness as you looked around. The snow sprinkled down lightly and caught onto the three branches and watched as the leaves gave way to the piled-up snow. Putting all the pain away, it felt.

'Peaceful...'

*DRIP* *DROP*

As peaceful as you found it, it was too quiet, it was. Unsettling. You felt the cold liquid reach the tip of your fingers and dropped down to the floor. Your eyes refocused and you looked down to do the arm your head was resting on. Your eyes winded as you realized, the cold liquid that dripped down your arm was a thicker density than water and as red as a ruby.

The fusuma were torn to shreds with blood spattered all over it. The floor beneath you was over-flowin' with blood. The pain rushed back to you and as the cold breeze hit your face, it was a stinging pain that ran from your ear to the other. You rushed up as quickly as you could to your knees.

Your hair was untied and tangled around blood. The table you were lasting sitting at was across the room and split in half with dished smashed on the ground. The mirror is shards sticking from the ground.

Your heart pounded out of your chest as you looking at the decimated room. Your hands shook as you noticed your family picture was torn from the wall and had blood-stained patterns. You opened your mouth for a deep inhale but all of sudden, you felt the skin stretch and stretch, almost like it was hanging from a thread ready to snap.

The only light the shined through your small cottage was the sunlight, and even that, it was hard to navigate through the room. You held your arms out to try and feel your way through, clinging to the wall, when all of sudden, your feet collided with something.

With a slight hum, you looked beneath you. Your eyes widened again to see a hand sticking out of the sheet that covered them. You fell to your knees and hesitantly reached for the end of the cloth hair was sticking out of. You didn't live alone, you lived with one other person. You clenched the sheet in your hand and slowly slid the cover off the reveal a face you may or may not know.

The familiar long (h/c) hair that was now a mess and the dragon earing that were ripped from the ears. There was no doubt in your mind, it was your mother who laid in front of you with no trace of life left.

"M-M..." You mumbled through your quivering lip as your picked her hand up.

You managed to lift your mother in your lap and wipe the blood off of her cheek. You picked her head up close to your ear just to see if there was even the slightest breathe or crack. You rocked back and forth after you sat there for seconds waiting, but of course, nothing.

You picked her hand up and tried to cup your own face with her hand. You pulled away immediately when the stinging pain shot through your face again. You furrowed your brows and let your mother down gently. You crawled to the broken mirror and picked up the cleanest shard you could. You inhaled deeply and put it at eye length.