Mugen Train

"CHIRP, CHIRP!"  Your crow flies and cries at your window as you furrow your brows before slowly opening them. 

"Ugh, goddamn it bird, it's still night," You say sitting up with your big bedhead. 

"It's now morning!! Wake up!!!" Kirei shouted as you give her a nasty look. 

"I'm sitting up, talking to you! What the hell?! Does it look like I'm in a dream?!!!" You shout as a tick mark appears on your forehead. 

"The casualties of the Mugen Train! More than 40 are missing as it currently stands! You are to join Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira on-site! You will also be guiding Kamado Tanjiro, Hashibira Inosuke, and Agatsuma Zenitsu! Head west at once! Head west at once!!" Kieri shouts before leaving your window. 

After your bird leaves your window, you look straight ahead at your mirror with a straight, unamused face. 

*PLOP* 

"Oh, come on!!!!" You kick and groan inside your blanket. 

⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽🐉☾∘∙•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰

"I have decided to send you and the others. Shinobu recommended him due to his pure soul, beliefs he'll work diligently towards his goal, and of course, his expectations have shot through the roof with Shinobu. And of course, he has a clear path of defeating Muzan,"  Master says as you bow and sit down in front of him. 

"Mind if I ask why then me? Seems like five people would be more than enough. Plus, it'd be safer if I, a not-so necessary accompany to stay back, for anything happens, you'd have extra hands "  You say as he smiles and nods.    

"Yes, you'd be correct. Actually, if it came down to the fewest people we'd take, it'd be you and Rengoku. But now that Tanjiro is here, you've been training him and somehow, you two together is some sort of undeniable strength. Now, I can't put my finger on it, but it's there. And with Shinobu's input, my decision is final. (Y/n), (l/n) you'll now be an official higher-upper to Kamado Tanjiro, meaning you are to stick with him for until I say you guys can split ways," Master says as your eyes widen. 

"W- Y- N-! Wha-! Only Hashira are to take in people they want! And this can not stand if I do not agree! I don't want someone pulling me down! Sure, Tanjiro has a lot to be accounted for, however, I do not agree with these terms!" You shout while slamming your hand down in front of him. 

"(Y/n), who am I to you?"Master says as you back away and sit formally. 

"You're the Master to everyone on these grounds," You say as he blinks slowly. 

"And whose grounds are you sitting on now?" He asks as you furrow your brows. 

"Yours-," You mumble as he interrupts you. 

"Well, then, exactly. I'm not asking for an agreement, I'm telling you that's what your orders are, like they are not," He says as you grunt. 

"Speaking of Rengoku, he has made a meal plan for the mission. About 25 bento boxes or 55, can't put my finger on it. They're in the dining area for you to pick up," Master says with a smile as your jaw drops a bit. 

"Oh! Before you run out, has Tanjiro ever spoken about his father to you?" Master asks as you rise to your feet and bow to him once more. 

"Hm? I don't think so, all I know is that he is going around and asking more about the Flame technique. He's been so much more curious about my grandfather ever since I found out I had a 20th form," You say as you heard Master gasp a little.