Wishes and Wonders

"Good morning- oh," You say with your eyes shut only to open them to a room with only Aoi and Tanjiro. 

"Good morning lady (l/n)," He says bowing to you as your eyes widened for no one has been that formal with you. 

"Yeah, what a surprise only he showed up, typical after these weeks," Aoi says as you cross your arms and huff. 

"I'm sorry, I had asked for them to come along but they-," Tanjiro starts to get up as Aoi puts her hand up. 

"Well, it doesn't matter to me," She says as Tanjiro gives her a sorry look. 

"I'll go talk to them about it later," Tanjiro said with a self-assured smile as you go and let down a rope from the ceiling. 

"Well, until then, keep up your training, you look tired which is good. That means you're working yourself," You say as Tanjiro takes the rope in his hands. 

"Actually, a couple of nights ago, I asked Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi to help me with my own training. I know in order to master total concentration you use it around the clock, including sleeping. I had asked for them to watch me while I sleep-," Tanjiro grunts, climbing up the rope as you turn away. 

"Oh, well, that's definitely a way..." You say rubbing your head as Tanjiro gasps frantically. 

*BONK* 

 "T-That's not what I was aiming for..." He says, dropping on the floor from the base of the rope up top. 

⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽🐉☾∘∙•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰

"You can do it!!!" The three girls on the sidelines shout as Tanjiro stands right in front of you. 

'Thirteenth Form...' 

One out of the 14 breathing forms that are available to you is named Obscurity. It's an adaptation from one of Muichiro's forms, the youngest Hashira, Haze. However, your mist is a lot thicker and black from the earth's natural soil. Much like Muichiro, this form is used to confuse, in this case, when Tanjiro looks at you it looks like you're walking in slow motion when in sweet, simple, reality, you moving as fast as you can.  

"Right...There!!" Tanjiro says in between his teeth, leaping, reaching for your hand. 

*SMACK* 

"Time's up!" The three shout as gravity hits Tanjiro sending him to the floor. 

"I feel... Like this would be so much better...If you didn't use your breathing form... I'm starting to take it personally," He says in the floor as you kneel down and pick his head up by his hair. 

"What are you trying to say? It's too difficult?" You say as his eyes widen. 

"No, ma'am, I will one day beat you," He jolts to his feet as you give him a plain look. 

"It's getting late, suns setting, and as none of the others are joining us, I think it's safe to say it's the end of the training. Plus, Rengoku just came back not too long ago, I should for one get some training in," You say pointing out Inosuke and Zenitsu standing in the doorway, staring at Tanjiro. 

"Hmph, yeah, I'm not helping you with them," Aoi shuns them away as Zenitsu pushes Inosuke away from the area. 

"Wait, you never mentioned you're a Tsugoku just like Kanao?" He says as he lifts his head from bowing to Aoi and the three girls, thanking them for their time. 

"Because I'm not..." You feed his confusion as the girls exit the room. 

"But, Hashira's will only train the people they want to succeed them, so wouldn't that only make you-," He says as you snicker underneath your mask.