Trial for Life

"Wake up! Wake up! You gotta- hey! Can you even hear me?! Come on get up! Are you gonna sleep all day?!! Wake the hell up, will ya?!! You're in the presence of the Hashira!" A male Kakushi shouts as all the pillars were lined together while you hung up in a tree with Obanai, watching as Tanjiro slowly got up.

"You know, (y/n), your mask wrapping has gotten better," Obanai says as you nod your head.

"Have to thank you for that..." You say as his serpent slithers around your arm.

"Right...I also heard you were supposed to help the three boys that came back in the butterfly mansion...Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Insosuke," Obanai says as your eyes widen.

"Oh, when can I ever catch a goddamn break," You sigh, relaxing on the branch.

"Wha- Who are these people?" Tanjiro says, looking up the Hashira looking down on him.

*BONK*

"Don't open your mouth until you're told! Do you even know who you're in the presence of?! I'll say it again, you're in the presence of the Hashira!" The male Kakushi said as you held out the serpent to Obanai.

"Well, kinda...Open your eyes a little wider, this is the Demon Slayers' headquarters. That's right! You're here, Tanjiro Kamado, are to be put on trial," Shinobu says as you hop down from the not-so-high tree to join the others from a distance.

"Before we begin the trail, why don't you explain the crime you've been accused of-," Shinobu says as a loud voice interrupts her.

"There's no need for a trial! Protecting a demon is a clear violation! We can deal with this on our own! We shall execute them both!" Rengoku shouts out with bright eyes as you waddle closer.

"In that case, I'll decapitate them both in style. I'll show you the most dramatic blood spray ever, it'll be spectacle," Tengen says as you lean against Rengoku with your arms crossed.

"Tengen, really all about flair and style...All about going out with a little pazazz, hm?" You say as he squints at you.

"Oh, yeah?! And what's wrong with that? Distracting? I'd only imagine," Tengen says, as you roll your eyes with a loud sigh.

"Hey! Aren't you the girl who sav-," Tanjiro spoke out until the Kakushi put his head back into the gravel as you gave him an answer with blinks.

'I mean...Kinda? Giyu saved both of our asses so, can't take his credit...'

"Alas, to see such a pitiful creature as this, I grieve for him. Perhaps it'd be better if he shouldn't have been born," Gyomei says as Tanjiro quickly looks around.

"Hey, pay attention, a Hashira is speaking, what are you looking for? You should be looking right in front of you, these are the nine highest-ranking swordsmen in the Demon Slaying Corps," The Kakushi said as Tanjiro's eyes reverted to all of us.

"That's the Hashira? W-Wait, there are ten though?" Tanjiro scans all of us as Rengoku swings his arm around you and pokes your temple.

"No mistake made. This is (l/n), (y/n). Prefers to go by (y/n), so don't be shy...She won't talk to you for some bit, so don't worry. There are nine of us however she is just a Hinoto, nothing to be ashamed of," Rengoku says, introducing you to Tanjiro as you stood stiff in his grip.

"B-But she talks to all of you just like you guys are-," Tanjiro says as the Kakushi furrows his brows.

"Don't question a Hashira!" The Kakushi says as you try to calm him down with your hands and a crooked smile through your mask.