Not an accessory

My legs swung on the steps as I grew impatient. Siena was inside of a makeup place, I could see her through the glass, one person was fussing over her. I examined the scaly skinned snake being, her long tongue occasionally flickering out.

I couldn't decide which snake she was, but by her immaculate work with Siena, I knew she was at the very least a less powerful human representation of her creature.

They finally finished as more people began entering the place, I inched closer to the fence running along the stairs, not wanting to be accidentally stood on. Especially when some can be taller, bigger or have extra appendages in their human form.

Siena came out and gently untied my leash and smiled softly at me, I gave her my best annoyed look, but couldn't help admiring the makeup.

The snake being really had done an amazing job, now the alluring eyes of my succubus seemed to shine brighter. Her lips seemed to sparkle with the strange pink glitter lipgloss that had been applied, though her cheeks hardly needed anything at all.

Pulling on my cheeks broke me from my stupor, she was tutting at me with a fond look.

"It was only thirty minutes, Though I guess being out here doing nothing for that long can be boring." She muttered, I wanted to say how little went on in this boring, fancy town, but I knew I wouldn't get a response.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, let's get you something to eat, maybe something sweet?" She offered, wiggling her eyebrows in a playful way. I couldn't fight a smile, she knows me.

I followed her quickly, reaching a delightful smelling candy store, I moved to the doorway and stopped.

I'm not allowed in.

I felt my heart twist, I can't even enter a candy store here.

She winked at me, my dissapointed expression clear in her bright smiley eyes.

"I think they will let you inside this once" she lovingly said, her bright smile contagious.

She led me into the cheerily coloured store, the sound of fun and childish songs played quietly over the speakers. She hummed mischievously as we trailed inside, her gaze falling on me as she held back a giggle.

The grace with which she walked caught the attention of the cashier quickly, I could see his eyes following her carefully.

She gestured slowly to all the sweets, trying to tell me to take my pick, I held back a laugh and shook my head at the fact we were in this situation.

I examined the sweets and decided on something that would last for a while, so a large sucker lolly which slowly turns into gum seemed the best option.

She looked at the single treat I had grabbed, confusion on her face. "Just that? Darling, you can pick something else, this is like 50 cents" she giggled, I glanced around and picked out a small bag of chocolate honeycomb cubes.

She brushed out my hair softly, her claws ever so gentle over my scalp. It seemed the worker had finally stopped staring and had noticed me.

"Mam, no means to offend, but animals are just not...." Began the cashier in a uncertain voice, he was quick to shut up as she looked at him.

He seemed to be a strange one, whatever he was out of his human form seemed to have very similar features to a human.

Possibly one born from cannibalism or dead babies, Yet I just couldn't tell.

I blinked and we were walking from the store, had I really been thinking of the strangers identity for that long?

She handed me the sucker lolly and I happily rolled it in my mouth and let the taste slowly become stronger in my mouth.