Not a dog

A long time ago, Mythical beings and monsters entered our lives, the lives of humans, it wasn't some bloody war, but something more quick and demeaning, humans treated on the level of dogs instead of equals.

I stared at the succubus who held my leash, she smiled at me, the monsters stood much taller, I was about the size of a miniature pony I guess, my matted brown hair swung around my face as a breeze blew it.

She knocked on the door again, looking slightly bothered, she stood tall and elegant on the doorstep, lean and nearly golden, her hair radiant black and her eyes a blue pool, and that's just how a magazine would describe her.

She muttered to herself and examined her black nails which were as sharp as the horns on her head, her eyes landed on me again and she ruffled my hair, "what a good human" she chuckled, her voice patronising and affectionate.

The door finally opened, a tired looking guy stood there, he grinned at Siena the Succubus, she scowled at him in return.

"Krano! I've been standing here for five minutes!" She snapped, "I told you when I'd be here, I'm never late" she added, he chuckled at her, his dark black eyes and black hair a typical trait of a reaper, or white depending on their bloodlines, he looked like he'd just showered, he had a nearly square face.

"Chill Siena, I just took to long in the shower, I'm sure you don't want to see me bare" laughed Krano, she grumbled something before letting herself in, I quickly followed behind her.

"Sit" commanded Siena as soon as we got inside, I looked around quickly and chose to sit against a wall, I would have spoken up if I didn't know they'd pretend to not understand me.

I watched as another guy walked in, a tea towel around his shoulders and a whistle on his lips, "Siena, you're here, sorry I didn't answer the door, I couldn't leave the kitchen" apologised the new guy, he had fiery red hair and antlers which framed his head like a crown, his eyes were a burning blue colour, he was the humanoid representation of a Kirin.

"Don't worry Ian, it isn't your house to be in charge of that" sighed Siena, Ian chuckled good naturedly, "its been a while since I've seen little Kiba, she's looking adorable" cooed Ian, he approached me and patted my head roughly.

"Haha, she'd look better if she didn't mess up her hair like that" sighed Siena, I liked my hair messy, its something I can do in defiance to Siena's controlling attitude.

"So you just want us to keep an eye on her while you're gone right? Easy humans aren't hard to look after" Krano stated eagerly, Siena rolled her eyes, "well I'm running late, I'll be back later" called out Siena, she knelt in front of me and grabbed my chin.

"Be good Kiba, I'll be back soon" she said, her voice soft and caring, I know she loves me as if I were a dog, but that doesn't mean I appreciate it.

With a soft peck to my forehead she fled the house, trying to get to work in time, normally I'd stay home, or where I'm forced to accept where home is, but she's going to be gone the whole day and I really hate it being with Krano.

His hellhound Daisy trotted towards me and rubbed her head against me, I patted her and scratched her tummy, a sweet smell came from the kitchen and I smiled to myself.

Krano came over to me, "good doggy, here's a treat" he said teasingly, he handed me a dog treat which was shaped as a bone, I scowled at him,

"I'm not a dog" I grumbled, just like always he ignored my words and obnoxiously rubbed my head, he stood up and called in to Ian, I glared at the dog treat, I nibbled at it a little, it didn't taste bad, I'm actually used to it, but I didn't want to see him give me that damn mocking grin.