Never a trend

"Be good sweetheart, I'm just going to run some errands and get dinner cooked" explained Siena, her beautiful smile making me want to join in.

"We'll be back by then" assured Krano,  loosely holding my leash, Siena had invited Ian and Krano over for dinner at hers and decided that I needed to spend more time with them.

Great. Personally sleeping at home is a lot better than going for a stroll.

Ian smoothed out my hair and leaned down to give me a big hug, muttering something about 'how cute' I am. I should be embarrassed, but Ian is always so sweet.

I returned his hug, each time enjoying his affection more and more. He laughed softly and let me go, ruffling my hair gently. Siena groaned at the sight, this was the first time I'd promised not to mess my hair up.

"Come on, she's finally kept it tidy for ten minutes" mumbled Siena, though her smile was fond and happy. She gave Krano a side hug before tapping my nose.

"Be good, no annoying Krano, I know it's funny, but you guys hardly go on walks together" she explained. I sighed and finally nodded, knowing a verbal response wasn't needed.

She turned down the path to the shops, Ian and Krano turning towards the longer route, that goes through the park, up past the shops and back around.

I watched Siena walk away, feeling my collar put slight pressure on my neck.

"Uh, Kiba? Come on girl" encouraged Krano, I sighed and turned around, lagging behind as we travelled towards the dirt path that showed the entrance to the park.

It's a sunny day, the trees shading the path partly, I looked at Ian and Krano who were speaking quietly, smiling to myself. I really appreciate those two, not that I'd say it out loud.

"Oh see! Look a human! I told you you'd see more of them starting to pop up!" Called out a new voice. Krano was the first to stop, leading to me almost crashing into him.

"Sorry to interrupt! But I couldn't help but notice your human" said a high female voice, I gripped the back of Krano's coat and peaked around him. A tall woman stood in front of him, she had feathers trailing her skin and cat-like eyes.

"She's my friends human. Hello to you too" mumbled Krano, seeming awkward and confused, I'm not surprised, this lady did just run up to him without saying hi.

Another person stood beside her, they had scales along their shoulders and between them stood a dull 12-year-old human boy.

"Oh right, how rude I'm sorry! Ever since I saw June with her human in the twists magazine I knew I had to get one! They're such pretty things!" Gushed the woman, I raised my eyebrows, that's not how anyone in the obedience classes talks about their humans.

"June the actor?" Asked Ian, the woman nodded her excitement, picking up and startling the boy. He whined and tried to get out of her firm grip, but she was too busy trying to show him off.

"Can I see yours?" She asked again, the other person too busy speaking on their phone.

"No." Answered Krano, I looked up at him, I've been iffy about strangers since that guy Siena went on a date with bruised my neck.

Relief, thankfully Krano is nice.

"Oh, why not? Look how pretty this one is with me! I chose him specifically, doesn't he suit my look!" Giggled the woman. The boy had seized his struggles and stared sadly at the ground, the poor kid is only new.

Oh, I know what they're on about, it's been on the news and Siena's been complaining about it. People saw this actor June... Hertty I think that's what her last name was, had a new pet human and all her fans have just been getting them.