Lunch With Andy

"Um... Andy, what is it?" I gulp nervously. Andy just grins. "Sit down with us!" he smiles. "Brendon, Gerard, move over. The new kid's joining us today."

I take a seat, not knowing what the heck is going on. "We haven't seen you around here before," says Andy. "What's your name?"

"Um, Patrick Stump. I was homeschooled."

"Homeschooled?" Andy gasps. "Shut up!" I'm really confused now. "I didn't say anything," I giggle awkwardly. Andy laughs a little, and says, "It's fine Patri- Oh my gosh I love your glasses! Where did you get them?"

"Um, my mom gave them to me," I say.

"Coolness!" Andy exclaims. He whispers something to Gerard and Brendon, who burst into giggles. "Listen, Patrick," Brendon says, "We don't do this sort of thing that often, but we want to invite you to have lunch with us every day for the rest of the week. What do you say, bro? Great! See you tomorrow!"

"Wait, what?" I wonder. Gerard flashes me a smile. "On Wednesdays we wear black," he whispers to me.

I head into the boy's bathroom, where Hayley and Pete beg me to tell them about my lunch with Andy and the Plastics.

"You have to do it, Patrick!" says Hayley. "You have to do it and tell us about all the stupid stuff they say!" Pete adds, "Please, for us?"

"I don't know," I sigh. "Andy and the guys seem... sweet. I'm not sure about this." "Sweet?" Pete laughs. "Andy Hurley is anything but sweet! He started a rumor that Hayley was-"

"Pete, stop!" Hayley gasps, cutting him off. "Anyways, just at least try it out."

A boy looks at Hayley, and screams, "This is the boy's bathroom!" Hayley chases after him, saying, "Amy Lee! I love your work!"

When the boy is gone, Hayley comes back to us. "So you were saying?" I ask her and Pete, "Do you guys have anything black?"

"I do!" Pete exclaims as Hayley facepalms herself.

Operation Spy on the Plastics has begun.