Pickles

New York was busy. And loud. By all rights, it should have been one of the worst places for a person prone to panic attacks and flashbacks to be.

But to Lucy it was rather comforting. Dodging people on the sidewalk, mapping the now familiar way across the city, it kept her mind busy. Everyone had somewhere to go, there own lives. No one was watching her. No one cared.

No except the important people. A swift knock on an apartment door revealed a smiling Olivia Benson holding her young foster son.

"Lucy! Right on time as always."
"Well I know you need to get to work." Lucy unclipped Bruce's leash, letting him trot over to the dog bed that was laid out for him by the couch.
"Yes, so he just ate, but he didn't sleep to well last night. He might be a little fussy." She handed the toddler over.
"Oh, well I'm sure we'll be fine won't we pickle?" Lucy cooed at the boy.
Olivia smiled at the pair. She leaned in to kiss him on the head. "Love you Noah." She did the same to Lucy. "Love you Lucy."
"We love you too Liv."

Suffice it to say that Lucy's teaching career was over. Not only did she no longer have the stability to run a full classroom setting, she now had a few... negative marks on her record that prevented her from being hired most places, let alone working with children.

But Olivia, angel that she was, knew Lucy better. She knew that Noah was in good hands and that Lucy had her problems managed.

It also helped that she and her squad had a soft spot for the blonde.

"Alrighty pickle." Lucy bounced the boy on her hip. "What shall we do today?" Noah wagged a chubby finger in a triangle like motion. "Zoo? You  wanna play zoo?" He nodded and blew a raspberry as he threw his arm up.

Lucy laughed. "Eddie can play too, don't worry. Come on, let's go find him and his friends."