Chapter 5 - Birthday Brother

Today is my new little brothers birthday. The day that by TVD standards I go out and kill his best friend. Granted things have significantly changed. Sort of. Lexi arrived on Halloween. Vicki is still alive and kicking while Jeremy and Matt get supervised visits with her at the Boarding house with my many greats Nephew and my little bro by like.. three whatever years.

"Caroline." I mutter as I watch her shush me to focus on the game. "You can save it and play it later you know."

"Ugh." She says with a pout. "But.. but my sexy Nord in armor is taking care of business right now Damon."

"Did you just." I pause and hold back a laugh. "'Nevermind, come on we have to celebrate my dearly beloved brother. It's his one hundred and sixty something birthday."

She pauses and then looks at me intently. "You guys are so old."

Snorting for a moment before I burst into laughter I hold my stomach as it begins to hurt. "Yeah, yeah we are. Vampire and all that jazz dear. Although, to be fair I am technically younger then my brother right now - all things considered."

"Yeah." She admits with a frown and nods. "That's weird too."

"Tell me about it." I say with a smirk of amusement. "Wanna tell him that he's my big brother now? I would love to see how he takes that."

Caroline snorts and shakes her head with a smirk. "He wouldn't believe you."

"Ahh. But he wouldn't believe me regardless would he?" I admit with a shrug. "If I grew up with him that would probably hurt a bit. But from where I'm standing he's a bit of a Hypocritical Ass and judgmental to boot. No wonder Elena and him get on so well, they're like two peas in a pod, as they say."

——

When we got to the Mystic Grill it was packed with people. Which is somewhat normal since they don't have that many restaurants in town as it is. Sitting myself at the bar I glance beside me to see Jenna.

"Jenna Sommers right?" I ask her as I shake her hand lightly. "The one with the asshole ex."

She snorts, giving me a small smile. "Correct. What was your name again? Oh great savior of mine."

"Damon Salvatore, Stefan's hated older brother. It's a pleasure my lady." I greet her with a smirk. "But, I'm totally down for being called Savior."

"What a charmer." She says with amusement. "So, what brought you to Mystic Falls?"

"Family." I answer instantly as I look at her. "But I decided to get my own place and move out of the family home."

Jenna nods as she eyes me curiously. "I've heard about you, you know. From Elena, she said you're immature and not a good guy. Why is that?"

Shrugging I watch her closely as I answer honestly. "Perhaps I'm not that great of a guy. I'm liable of making mistakes and doing stupid shite when the occasion calls for it."

"And what occasion would you say called for it?" Jenna asks me with a raised eyebrow causing me to grin and her eyes go narrow suspiciously.

"How's about asking you on a date?" I offer curiously.

A corner of her mouth lifts into a smile for a second before it disappears. "You would consider that a mistake and doing stupid shit? I must admit that I'm not feeling it Damon."

Snorting I smile at her. "Are you sure, we could end up married or something? I'm not sure I could handle it."

"Are you playing with me?" She asks as her eyebrow twitches.