Chapter 2 - Tough Chats

Forbes Residence

We were sitting in her living room watching. . I have no idea what we're even watching on the TV actually. Letting out a quiet sigh I turn to her to see her looking at me in confusion with her head tilted to the side.

"Bare with me okay? Because this is going to sound.. well, it's going to sound crazy." I say with a grimace and the guy was a total asshole too. "The first thing I need to do is uncompell you.. I don't know what he did to you, all I know is that I have his body now and I won't hurt you."

She blinks at me and asks curiously a pout of confusion on her face, "So, you're a body snatcher?"

I hum in response and put my finger to my chin and shrug "I guess I kind of am. See, I died and now I'm this asshole. It's definitely illogical and only wildly happens in Fanfiction, tv or sci-fi type books and movies and blah blah blah."

"What?"

Looking into her eyes I try to do the whole uncompelling thing. Her eyes go wide with fear  after and she screams. I hold up my hands as she basically falls off of the couch and goes up against the wall in fright.

"Get away. Get away. Get away from me." Caroline yells as she presses herself even tighter against the wall.

Making sure to keep my distance and my hands up I let out a sigh. "I'm not going to hurt you okay? He might have but I have no intention to."

"You are him." She said in fright as she looks away. "You bit me, you took away my control from my own body. You made me think we did stuff."

My nose scrunches up in disgust as I shake my head while keeping my arms up and in sight. "That was him. It's hard to explain okay? I was an actor, I woke up like this I swear."

"You woke up as someone else?" Caroline asks with a scream of disbelief as she throws up her hands. "You hurt me.. you were, you were horrible to me and you say that you're not actually Damon?"

"Yeah, I am not him. My name was Luke, I was trying to become an actor actually." I say with a frown and then shake my head "Honestly, do you think that I wanted to wake up as a living dead vampire? Don't get me wrong, I Love acting, but there's no way I can be a dick all the time."

Caroline blinks at me and lets out a long sigh as she rubs her eyes. "And you're not lying to me?"

"Nope."

"You're not going to kill me or— or do that compelling eye thing or anything like that?"

"Nah. The real Damon was an idiot." I say with a snort and shake my head "how he could pass up a gem like you is mind-blowing the doppelgänger Gilbert is kind of— you know, boring?"

"But everyone prefers Elena." Caroline snaps back at me in annoyance before cupping her hand over her mouth in fright.

I roll my eyes "not me, certainly not me. Katherine would be a better choice IF she wasn't so finicky. But she is so she definitely loses the appeal. I like you, Bonnie has fire and a backbone so I like her too. Wanna avoid Elena with me?"

Then she just blinks at me. "I feel like I'm hallucinating or something. This can't be real."

"Sorry to disappoint Carol." I reply back with a frown "But it is. So, uh .. do you still wanna watch that movie?" I ask her curiously.

When she's been silent for awhile I go to stand up and leave. I'm such an idiot of course she wouldn't .. I'm in the body of her attacker after all. As I make the way to the door she grabs my hand.

Turning towards her my eyebrows scrunch up together in worry, "Is something wrong?"

"Can— we can- can we watch a movie?" She says as she tries to keep a bright smile on her face. "P-please?"

"Are you sure?" I ask her hesitantly as I assess her carefully.

She bites her lip and nods. "I want to- I — can you help me learn to trust you?"

Giving her a slow nod I follow her over to the couch but I sit on the far end since she seems a bit stiff. I don't blame her, honestly I'm surprised that they made her put up with that Damon, he could be such a bastard.

"What did you want to watch?"

"The notebook?" Caroline suggests hesitantly, her eyes on the wall.

"Okay." It's not a top show for me, I like rush hour or lethal weapon, maybe alien. But well, it's her choice. "Do you want me to move to the chair? I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

She bites her lip again and shakes her head before taking a deep breathe causing me to frown. "It's okay"

Gently I speak to her then. "Don't force yourself to be in my presence. You don't know me, the me you know was horrible to you. Hell, I couldn't fault you if you wanted me dead or thrown in jail for what he did to you. I wear his face, that has to be scary in and of itself."

"Stay." She says simply as she puts the movie in and then she points at me sternly. "I'll make popcorn."

"Microwaved?" I ask her.

"Of course. I'd probably burn the house down otherwise." She mutters and I chuckle a little.

"Maybe I'll show you how to pop popcorn sometime if you're up for it?" I suggest with a raised eyebrow. "Want me to grab us some drinks? I could grab a soda from the fridge for you or get you some water?"

She playfully replies "what, no wine or beer?"

"You are underaged missy." I reply back with a smirk, she sticks her tongue out at me.

"And no one ever cares." Caroline says bitterly.

Nodding in agreement I add irritably. "Yeah, I noticed that during the show. This town is full of shitty parents. Liz will get better though."

When her eyes meet mine then they're hopeful. "Will she really?"

"Yeah. Uh, by the way a doppelgänger, Elena's 500 year old double kills you and turns you into a vampire."

"WHAT?" She shrieks, her eyes wide in horror.

"On the plus side, you did become a major badass vampire. Even with your humanity turned off you were a better non human then a lot of humans." Until she was pressured by Stefan to turn it back on. Honestly, the lady just wanted a year for someone to let her not feel that way.

Sarcastically she shoots back "Well, that makes it all better then."

I snort at that but then add seriously once she comes back into the room, making eye contact with her. "I'll protect you either way. If you wanna stay human then I will protect you to the best of my abilities and if you decide that being a vampire seems more your thing then I'll protect you then too while making sure you can protect yourself. Granted I need practice, I'm basically a new vampire myself despite the body being over one hundred and twenty or something like that."

Her eyes stay on mine for awhile before she nods and answers shyly. "Okay."

I don't leave until well past midnight then, but I avoid going to the boarding house. Originally Stefan would have jacked me up on vervain so I would honestly prefer to avoid that situation. So I drive until I reach one of the campgrounds. Laying under the stars I watch the night sky.

———————————————
Right now I'm really wanting -

Si-Damon x Caroline. Lol.

But I'll wait and see how his character acts with the others before coming to a final decision on that one.