𝐺𝐼𝑅𝐿 𝑀𝐸𝐸𝑇𝑆 𝑇𝑅𝑈𝑇𝐻

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

John Quincy Adams Middle school

Auditorium

Renee's POV

I was sitting on the seats in the auditorium along with Aurora, Max, Brandon, and Maya. We were watching the school play 'Romeo and Juliet ' with Riley and Lucas as the main characters.

Normally it would be me and the band up there, playing our songs for the audience but I was here for Riley this time.

Riley, in character, was lying in a coffin when Lucas walks over to her, saying his dialogues.

"Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace." He stepped closer to Riley, "And lips, oh, the doors of breath seal with a righteous kiss."

Lucas leaned in to kiss Riley, but was interrupted by Farkle, "Back off!"

"What meanest thou?" Lucas said, confused yet still trying to be in character, "Spear carrier, who havest no lines...."

"You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow, prepare to die!" Farkle responded, definitely breaking his character.

"Farkle, what are you doing?" Lucas asked the other boy.

"Hey, did this actually happen in the original Romeo and Juliet?" Max, who sat on my right side, whispered in my ear.

I turned to him slightly, "It's an improvisation, I think." I whispered back to him before we both chuckled.

"It's Romeo and Juliet." Lucas broke character and said to Farkle.

"Well, now it's Romeo and Juliet and Farkle. I'm Farkle." Lucas looked appalled at Farkle's resistance.

"Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl, Shakespeare said." Lucas frustratingly explained.

"Who thinks the spear-carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle asked the audience. Surprisingly, people cheered as Maya got up.

"Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear-carrier!" She shouted.

My eyebrows shot up in shock.

"Hart! You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too, you too Renee!" Farkle shouted back. The audience cheered.

I simply sighed and opened my mouth to retaliate when "No! Not Nessie." Max spoke up.