V.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Hotch questions, following Everest as she walks out of the briefing room

"Las Vegas." Everest simply answers with Hotch hot on her heels, trying to catch up with her.

"What makes you think you can go to Vegas?" He asks, stopping Everest by standing in front of her. With him blocking the hallway, Everest is left with no choice but to face him.

"You want a lead right? I'm getting you one." She answers, brushing past his shoulder to continue walking.

"Everest, you can't just go to Vegas." Hotch scoffs, continuing after her.

It was obvious to both Hotch and Everest that neither of them trusted each other just yet. They were a long way from being a team, which wasn't exactly ideal given their situation.

"That's funny because I wasn't asking for permission." Everest replies, continuing down the hallway of the BAU. If they wanted a lead, Hotch would have to let her do things her way.

Not liking her response, he takes Everest by the arm and pulls her into his office. He slams the door behind him before drawing the blinds, not wanting others in the bullpen to see their little argument.

"Lose the attitude." He threatens, glaring at Everest with hatred.

"Or what?" She fires back, not afraid to challenge his authority. Whether he liked it or not, she was the lead consultant on the case. They needed her help finding the Kingpin, not the other way around.

"Believe me, I could think of a couple ways to get you to behave." He answers without hesitation. Without realizing, the two of them were standing inches apart, close enough to feel the anger radiating off of each other.

"What's the worse you can do? Bend me over a table and put me in handcuffs? Put a gun to my head or a chip in my neck?" She taunts, not knowing any better.

"If that's what it takes to get you to listen."

Hotch wasn't used to his authority being challenged. His stellar reputation as the Behavioural Analysis Unit Chief earned him respect from colleagues and agents, but none of that made a difference to Everest. She was a firm believer that respect was earned, not demanded.

"You're all bark and no bite, Hotchner." She scoffs, walking past him to grab her coat off the couch.

As her attention shifts away from him, Hotch pulls out the cuffs they use to apprehend the unsub's. Doing exactly what he promised, he bends Everest over his desk, placing the cold metal around both wrists.

As he tightens the cuffs around her wrists, he leans in close to whisper something in her ear. "I warned you—I have no problem keeping you in line and I will put you in your place every time with pleasure."

The realization that maybe he wasn't all talk settles over Everest—she didn't think that he would actually restrain her.

"You've made your point—now take these cuffs off, Hotchner." She seethes as the metal rattles on her wrists.