TEN , everyone has a weakness

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
everyone has a weakness

ALCHEMY STARED AT THE CEILING OF HER ROOM, ARMS FOLDED OVER HER STOMACH AND FINGERS DRUMMING A RHYTHM ONTO HER SKIN.

She'd been provided with sleeping clothing which are actual pyjamas, Alchemy had only ever had one pair of pyjamas and that was when she was little, the first week she was put with her parents, and she got unicorn pyjamas for her birthday, she grew out of them by Christmas and cried for a week straight. Morning had fell and it bled into mid-morning, whatever you'd call that, Alchemy wasn't quite sure anymore, she's exhausted but she hasn't been able to sleep. The bed is too comfy, it feels like she's sinking into the floor or sleeping on a cloud, it's the worst. She felt the urge to go back to that circular cell and sleep on the cot provided to her, without the pillow, at least it's what she's used to. 

There's a soft knock on her door and it cracks open, revealing Steve's face. "Did you get any sleep?" Alchemy simply shakes her head, staring up at the ceiling still. She'd been too deep in her thoughts to sleep, she was to afraid she'd wake up and be back in HYDRA, she was frightened that this was all a dream and that it was actually just the Superior being cruel, a new type of punishment. Alchemy missed the days when she could sleep like a log without being kept up by her intrusive thoughts or nightmares. "Is it the bed..."

"Feels like I'm about to sink into the floor." Alchemy cuts him off, making the Captain chuckle and nod his head, "I've heard stuff about you... You fought in World War Two." 

Steve nods, pursing his lips and sitting down on the edge of the bed. Alchemy shifts away a little, not wanting to make any physical contact with him by accident, "I want to ask you a question... It might be a little personal but, I need to know." Alchemy gives him a small nod, brows dipping in slight confusion, "Aidan said that you knew Svetlana, she was like a mother to you, or something?" 

"Svet." Alchemy exhales deeply, looking up at the ceiling again and remembering everything about the woman. She was always the most beautiful, with her long brunette hair, green eyes that sparkled in the light, her words and the way she would always be so kind. "Why do you speak of Svet?" 

"She was my sister. Her name is Svetlana Watson - Rogers, my baby sister." Steve looks sad when he speaks about her, when he says her name. "Do you know if she's alive?" Alchemy shakes her head, had Steve not a clue that she'd been off the grid for five years, she hadn't seen Svetlana in more then five, almost seven. It wasn't fair that they were separated for so long, that Alchemy never got too say goodbye to the woman who raised her. "Well, we've been trying to find her but do you have any idea where she might be? If she ever spoke of a place she might want to go."